1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Gametime! Let's go REDNATION!!

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Heard Lance & Adam talking to Tad Brown this morning. Howard is slated for 17-24 minutes tonight. Let that ease your mind, for those that were really getting creative with interpreting Coach McHale's statement on Howard's knee. If his knee wasn't aces, you think they would increase his play time another +8 minutes 48 hrs later?

Rockets 117 TWolves 102

Warriors 108 Grizzlies 100

Rockets and Grizzlies tie in the W-L column {EDIT: Woops we would still be 1/2 a game behind}. We are 2-2 against them. If Ken Mauer didn't screw us we would be 3-1 against the Grizz and 2nd seed tonight if all goes right....

[​IMG]

#3 cdrive, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

By far the easiest game left on the schedule, so don't blow this one, Rockets.

5. AnHero

AnHero Member

BALL NIGHT

6. cdrive

Daddy gonna need some of this tonight:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6RoJ5ry-Ea0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

We're coming for that 2 seed Grizz!

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

less than a month left, let's go!

9. hakeemthagreat

Nick Johnson needs to get some shine tonite. I think he's the secret weapon

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another day, another new name on Rockets injury report. Donatas Motiejunas questionable with lower back pain.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/581159420991668224">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. cdrive

We would clinch the playoffs with a W tonight. I want that cute little "x - " by our team in the ESPN standings.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden said he pays no attention to the standings. Did not know Rickets would clinch playoff spot with a win tonight.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/581484554277400576">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

GO RICKETS!

12. count_dough-ku

Hell, I didn't even realize that til yesterday when I looked at the standings. And for good reason. We all know they're making the playoffs. The important things are home court and winning the division. And I'll bet good money Harden is aware of those(even if he doesn't know the magic numbers).

13. cdrive

We have to go off on a big W streak and come into the playoffs hot like Portland did last year. We'll have to cause I think the Clippers are going to go off on a tear w/ Griffin back and their cushy remaining schedule.

14. count_dough-ku

The next 4 games are very winnable(T'Wolves, @Wizards, @Raptors, Kings). The last 4 games are tougher, but winnable(Spurs, Pelicans, @Hornets, Jazz). It's that middle 3 games(@Mavs, @Thunder, @Spurs) that'll likely determine where we finish.

15. cdrive

Yeah I think so too. We have a nice stretch to get some momentum going with Howard back in the mix.

I want Rockets 2nd seed, Mavericks 7th seed. Parsons gets beat by his old team, Morey has the last laugh on Cuban!

more stuff on tonight:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin Garnett (sore left knee) and Ricky Rubio (sore left ankle) are doubtful for tonight's game vs Houston.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/581480536213884928">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    Hopefully this means we blow them out so we can get extended burn for Nick Johnson, and maybe even KJ.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

praying for full health tonight; these last few games are crucial to stay healthy heading into playoffs...

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The T-Wolves are in full tank mode. Flip Saunders go upset with the Utah media when they accused him of tanking but consider that he criticized the Jazz for actually losing the game to the T-wolves show that he was upset that the Wolves actually won.

This game is about as close as you can come to a guarantee win for the Rox.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought we had wiped out rickets as a disease.. :p

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Anyone have a feeling we're about to see a very mature Houston Rockets team that's really spirited in heart for the rest of the season going into the playoffs? I hope so. We sure seem to be talking the right way from coaching staff on down to the players. I hope we can cut down on the turnovers and shoot a higher percentage on our free throws as a team.

20. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

After what Harden did to Rubio last game I'm not surprised Rubio has a "sore ankle" and may miss this game.. lol