1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nintendo 3DS XL - Majora's Mask Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 26, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is here? I don't play video games but the majority of my FB feed is flooded with nerds going crazy over this little device???? It doesn't even come with the game, lol

[​IMG]

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It's limited edition? Based off arguably one of the best games of all time.

3. VanityHalfBlack

I did not know that. And, yes they are in stock if you nerds want to go out and grab it at GameStop???

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

The New 3DS XL was released recently. It has a faster processor, more RAM, NFC support, eye-tracking 3D (instead of the limited field of view on the old one) and an additional pointing stick (the c-stick) that will be typically used to give camera control in games.

Nintendo announced a limited edition version of the New 3DS XL based on Majora's Mask.
    They didn't manufacture anywhere NEAR enough to meet demand (totally characteristic of Nintendo) and also seem to have completely stopped manufacturing more (totally uncharacteristic of Nintendo).
    On top of this, the West Coast port strikes held up some shipments, and almost all units were snapped up by resellers.

A lot of people want this (myself included), and sellers know it. As a result, you either have to pay way above MSRP to get ahold of one or have to buy it in a giant bundle (Gamestop, for example, was offering it only as a part of a bundle).

A Gamestop memo was posted to NeoGAF the other day that said each Gamestop was getting allocated four units but that you had to go into the store and have them order it to be shipped to you later.

I'd like to get a New 3DS, but I won't unless it's the Majora's Mask edition. And if I don't, I'll probably sell my current 3DS and just be done with the system. Realistically speaking, it probably won't available, and I'll just pirate Majora's Mask when I want to play it in the future.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

its kind of crazy hand held gaming devices are still popular. with so many games on peoples phones now.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Geez, are people actually successful with scooping these up and flipping them? I look on CL and I see a lot going for $400.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

It's hot because of its scarcity. There are a lot of people who purchase it just to flip it on craigslist/ebay etc. Depriving the people who actually want to own it the chance of purchasing it. I think this is the second least produced 3DS behind the Pikachu 3DS.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member