1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 3/23/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Early game-time looks like. Really hoping for some Dwight action.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not a must-win, but one the Rockets probably need. 7 of their next 9 are on the road and only Indiana and Charlotte have losing records. Better beat the mediocre ballclubs(especially the ones from the East) when you're given the opportunity.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Looks like Stuckey might be out

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

(from a few days back)Kevin McHale on what was worked on in practice today: "we worked on liking each other."

Man I hope this little bump in the road gets ironed out this game. I can kind of understand all the reasons this insinuated lack of cohesion could occur:

1) Guys are tired, so they may get cranky.
    2) Missed plays, blown defensive assignments, plays not executed right...these get guys frustrated with each other and possibly barking at each other and/or not trying hard personally 'cause guys XY&Z aren't trying hard.
    3)A lot of guys are sick and injured, which decreases performance, and increases team agitation.
    4)Rotations are weird with guys being out.
    5)Guys know that rotations are going to get spun around again soon with D12 coming back, and maybe there might be some ego adjustments.

"We worked on liking each other" is scary and reassuring at the same time. Scary cause loss of chemistry is disastrous. Reassuring cause the team values chemistry and is working on fine-tuning a tight team chemistry.

We need a win, but we also need this win to be overloaded with assists, ball movement, team D, high fives, jumping chest bumps, and butt slappin'.

[​IMG]

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

This is a gimme. Do not disappoint Mr. Milk Hair.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Great post. Totally agree.

8. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Scola goes beast mode in a double-digit losing effort.

9. count_dough-ku

The Suns were missing Knight and Green. The Rockets just need to worry about themselves and not their opponent.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets add Josh Smith (ankle sprain) to injury list. He's questionable tonight. Ariza (illness), Beverley (bursitis) also quesitonable.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/580005854201524224">March 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, this will be a tough one.

Was hoping Dwight would come back tonight, not looking likely though.

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Paul George might be returning tonight too. Or so I've heard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

13. count_dough-ku

Bev has been listed as questionable for a week now and hasn't missed any of the games. Ariza played Saturday despite missing shootaround. The only one I'm worried about is Smith.

14. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Go Clutch City Rockers. Go get that 2 seed.

15. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Pacers said he's out tonight

1 person likes this.
  16. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

^^ I was wondering, seems like players love to come back against the Rockets (at least to my memory). Most recent one that I know of was Blake Griffin.

17. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Although 4 of the next 6 games are on the road. They have a shot at a 6 game winning streak. They play a few good teams (WAS,TOR,NOP) but it's teams that they should be able to beat. Especially NOP since it seems like we just can't beat them for some reason. Main thing is how short they're going to be on players..

18. count_dough-ku

I'd be thrilled if they go 4-2. Minnesota and Sactown at home should be wins. Then they just have to win 2 out of 4 against Indiana, New Orleans, Washington, and Toronto on the road. All of those are inferior teams. They're all struggling right now. And the lone B2B game in that stretch at Toronto won't be that bad since they play in the early afternoon the day before.

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Rednation We back!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This will be a tough road game, but we should win.