1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok the same san antonio team that lost to the new york knicks last week?

1 person likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's not about that of course we will lose games at times but the rockets as a team has to play a less careless brand of basketball in the playoffs I'm telling you. All these turnovers and missed free throws and bad coaching calls and adjustments will kill our team at full strength in a playoff series. If we don't get better in these areas it will show we are not exempt just because we are the rockets and we have arguably more talent then any team in the league.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes that same team is a well oiled machine. They make mistakes on the court but in close games in a playoff series they've proven themselves. That same team is not to far back from us in the standings as we speak either at their old ages.

4. Houston79Astro

So your saying the Lakers could be winning a championship this year if they really tried? Talent be damned!

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lakers are playing for fun right now they have accepted it and their GM is not saying they can beat anyone in a 7 game series... he knows they are currently ducking for a high draft pick. But when they do go for championships it will be a bit easier for them to understand obvious points of the game and address them.

6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

You're living in fantasy land with your expectations. Every team, coach, player, PERSON has off nights. It's one loss, move on bro.

7. ipa

ipa Member

All right! The official review for the last 2 minutes is up!

And it seems like the refs made everything possible to make sure we don't win that game!

God I hate this calls which were so obvious! I mean THE ****TY .2 seconds TIMEOUT some player got just a few days ago against the rockets, and now Harden can't get it while on the floor yelling TIMEOUT!

I mean those plays were consecutive and the ****ty NBA does not even say it was wrong not to allow the timeout!

SMH!

8. houstonflagfan

NBA released officiating of last nights last 5 mins and say they got the timeout play wrong, and Toronto took more than 5 seconds to inbound ball. Now everything's better right?

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we've had the most incorrect calls against us, by a fairly large margin

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They don't rule correct/incorrect on timeouts (mainly because ruling correct would skew the results)

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting
    I don't think anyone has ever said that about this team

Rocket River

12. thesimp

thesimp Member

The non-timeout was horrible.

5-second calls on out-of-bounds plays are typically 6 seconds. We had a 5-second violation vs @LAC that wasn't called which helped us.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

In that Clippers game..the broadcast went back and timed it. It was less than 5 seconds..like 4.5.

14. thesimp

thesimp Member

I don't buy that. Did the broadcast time the play @TOR?

In totality, the officiating was fair for HOU-TOR. Rockets got a few questionable calls... namely namely Beard.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You trolling dude? It doesn't matter if you "buy" it, they clearly showed that Ariza kept his pivot foot and they showed a timer that showed less than 5 seconds.

The officiating was "fair" enough, but idk how you can go against an official NBA report saying that we got screwed out of a couple of calls against Toronto.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The Clippers was on National TV (ABC) and JVG and Mark Jackson did go back and look it. The NBA TV broadcast was the Raptors local feed so no reason for them to go back and time the play. The report the NBA released made no mention of Ariza taking longer than 5 seconds while the NBA released in the Raptors game did.

17. thesimp

thesimp Member

My bad..... I wasn't aware the league stated it should've been a 5 second violation.

The calls I had a problem with vs TOR were the 3 point foul and the non-timeout.

Other than that, more FTM would've been nice.

18. ipa

ipa Member

Of course it would change the result! It was fairly obvious who will win the jump ball...
    While if we were to receive the timeout, and the possession, down only one, we could have done something!