1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets the most disliked basketball team right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Are the Rockets the most disliked team in Basketball

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    63.5%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Most hated team on its own fan forum? Absolutely.

Every player on the roster has been disparaged on this forum, every one....most have a thread titled "garbage _____" devoted to them.

The coach has been ridiculed; the GM trashed and the owner bashed.

How can anyone blame national hate, when the worst is right here in our own back yard?

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Absolutely. I know a lot of the doubters would just say that every fan has the feeling that the world is out to get their team, and that's not what I (or most of us, probably) are saying.

1. I don't think the *league* has an agenda against us. We're a big enough market team.

2. I haven't ALWAYS thought people hated our team. People used to love us in the McGrady+Yao era because we were always the injury-beaten underdog, and no one had anything against Mac and Yao. And even before that, we were fairly well liked. Everyone loved Hakeem.

The fact is that everybody hates Harden for foolish reasons. They think he flops his way to the free throw line when in reality he's just good at drawing contact and flops no more than most NBA stars, especially this year.

They also all hate Dwight for his flaky, diva-like past... which I kind of get. Although I think he's shown attitude improvements in Houston.

Some people also don't really seem to like Daryl Morey, or the 3-pt shooting/analytics movement.

So yeah, now that the Heat and Lakers are irrelevant, I think we are easily the most hated team in basketball. Followed closely, probably, by the Cavs.

3. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

On the internet it also seems like trading Jeremy Lin is still something that people are hating on us for. When Beverly went down I was seeing comments from people saying it was karma for trading Lin. I get that those people probably know very little about the NBA but it was still surprising to see.

4. bmd

bmd Member

People hate the Rockets not just because of Dwight and Harden... but because they beat their favorite teams in the most frustrating ways.

Think about it... what pisses you off most as a fan?

How about when thte refs seem to be giving calls to the other team? How about when your team doesn't get back on defense and the opponent gets easy lay-up after lay-up? How about when the Rockets don't close out and give up a 3? A few 3's in a row and that team just scored 9 quick points.

Those are all things the Rockets do to their opponents. Harden really is getting fouled when he goes to he line... but other fans don't care. It's frustrating that he's getting to the line no matter what the reason is. It's frustrating to other fans when Brewer gets lay-up after lay-up on the break. And it's frustrating to other fans when the Rockets relentlessly bomb away from 3. You know a made 3 feels more crushing than a normal 2-point jump shot.

Combine that with Harden abusing their guys by making difficult step-back jumpers and "cooking them up" after, and that would set opposing fans off.

It's easy to see why the Rockets frustrate opposing fans so much.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

6. HookemHorns1250

Don't like us taking threes? Welp, there's a solution to that. GUARD OUR THREE POINT SHOOTERS. It's not like we're shooting threes (Other than Harden) with a guys hands right in our face. Harden's ability to draw double teams leaves a 3 point shooter open. It's called ball movement.

Don't like Harden going to the line? Don't let him drive right past you and foul him.

My favorite thing....my favorite....thing about that video Klutchqt was his opening statement of "I hate Brewer because he flopped, but I'm a Clippers fan." Really.....really.....you have Chris Paul and you hate a guy for flopping? That video made me just shake my head.

7. bmd

bmd Member

He also criticized Brewer for being a whining (which I've never really seen him do), when the Clippers are known around the league for whining non-stop all game.

That guy is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why have a 100" tv behind you when all it does is display a logo? Green screen that, sell the tv.

2nd, what the guy doesn't understand is that his shooting percentage point is rendered moot based on the sheer volume the Rockets shoot the 3. Kind of like going to Sams as opposed to Kroger. You get more value per unit. The Rockets get more value per 3pt shot than other teams that value a mid range game.

3rd, They hate us, cause they anus

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yep, people hate us. They hate Dwight, Harden is an overrated flopper, Beverly is a dirty player, Smith is a cancer, Morey is a fat loudmouth stat geek, and we treated Lin unfairly.

They hate us, and I love it.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Either the Rockets or the Clippers.