1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OK premiere. Not great.

As far as Mack and Bobbi go, I know nothing but my guess is that...

They're not doing anything nefarious or against SHIELD; they were probably given orders from Fury or someone else (a friend) to keep an eye on that box thing or maybe even to take it and give it to someone else, but again not for "bad" reasons.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

in Reina . . . i hope so
    I really liked her character

Rocket River

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The recent episode was one of the better ones.

So now we have Coulson's SHIELD vs "real" SHIELD (btw, totally called that) vs Skye's Dad's Gang. That could be a very fun and interesting storyline.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I love the way they worked in how they are gonna need a new name for Skye and Reina's type of people. Even though they didn't say it, I got a little nerd twinge. I'm still curious who's gonna be the big bad to finish the year. Are they gonna fully tie in with the Avengers, or is it gonna be in the background while they work the inhumans angle. They intentionally stretched the season 3 weeks past the Avengers, so I'm guessing it will be secondary.

The show has really become everything I hoped for. It's my second favorite show after GOT, and I usually watch it live (unless the Rockets are playing) which is saying something in this DVR age.

I've said it a million times now, but it's such a shame they botched that first half season. Some people are never gonna watch again, and even the ones that try to binge watch end up giving up before it gets good. Having said that I imagine it's ties will keep it on, which is really my only concern

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In Raina News . . ..
    I see Raina has a job on the PREACHER series being made
    so she will be leaving the show [I assume]. .. i really like her

I hope they allude to QS and SW before the movie.
    Maybe a bit of the robitics . ..

Rocket River

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Reina's character was an original creation, right? So AoS / Marvel canon won't exactly miss her?

Cal's gang of villains seems kinda lame, except for the "Coma via voice" baddie. There's bladefingers, coma via voice, and...the dude who fought with May on the football field. Does he have super strength, or...?

Since it's spoiler'd:
    I bet the "real" Shield ties into Age of Ultron somehow. Too good of an opportunity not to tie the current season of AoS with AoU.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is no ongoind Agents of Shield comic. . .so none of the show is really Canon

Rocket River

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

What I meant was, I don't think Reina is a comic version of someone from the Inhuman comics, and that she's an AoS created Inhuman. So because she's not a comic version of an Inhuman, she won't be missed - important or otherwise.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This episode was a big amount of Meh

They set up for next episode to be good though

Rocket River
    hope they deliver

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really like what they've done with Ward, they haven't even tried to turn him back good, he killed a few more people yesterday. It was also a cool Pulp Fiction nod in the diner.

It was pretty much an episode simply moving stories into position. It sets up what could be an epic episode next week.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Last night's Episode . . . and last weeks were solid
    They still not brining the ZING but they are good
    Right Now
    It is not quite Flash but better than the Arrow now

I am very interesting in Skye's training and the other 'Inhumans'
    I hope they focus on that as much as on the internal struggles
    I'm enjoying it .. . but it is not GREAT

Rocket River

13. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I have a feeling they will get into 'Inhumans' much more as they get closer to Age of Ultron, and thereafter.

This episode brings in a few questions, but had a good feel to it, with Hydra mainly out of the picture they needed something to help drive the story while we wait on Skye to develop and the movie to come out.

Im a fan of Edward James Olmos, loved BSG, glad to see him on here. A few of his speeches brought back memories.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It feels like they are sowing the seeds for the Super Human Registration act. Olmos' character was talking about finding the other enhanced people so no doubt this stuff should lead into next year's Captain America: Civil War movie.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

With the reboot of Heroes coming out Plus the success of FLASH
    I think they will up the ante on the Freak of the Week type shows
    More and More powered people

Rocket River

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I personally think this show has moved past Arrow and Flash, I'm really loving it right now.

I'm getting the feeling that they are gonna go into Age of Ultron really heavy. Something is going to happen that makes people particularly paranoid of people with powers, which is gonna dove tail into Civil War next season.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The past couple of episodes have been average. With 4 more weeks until Age of Ultron comes out, I expect things to get crazy soon like it did when Winter Soldier came out.

4 more episodes until the new movie. Then 3 more afterwards to wrap up the show story.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good Episode
    I just don't like some of the things they do.
    1. I hate how incompetent them make everyone in order to make their people look smart or move the plot. It is pathetic that the most important thing of all important things is able to walk out the door . . . . .. no one notices.
    2. Sky Centricness is is a bothers me. . .

I did like the RETURN OF DEATHLOK

Rocket River

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There isn't much you can do when your own people you trust (and don't want to offend) are helping it walk out the door.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Considering Skye is the link between the show and inhumans, I don't see how the Skye stuff could bother you. They force fed us Skye in season 1 without good reason, but there is a reason now.

I actually like the character, not sure she bothers so many people.