1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stevie in a bad slump....what is up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieFrancis03, Feb 21, 2003.

1. StevieFrancis03

Even before Stevie hurt his back he has been in a bad slump, his avererage ppg was up to almost 24 and now its down to 19, he hasnt been scoring. He has been shooting, but he really cant get the ball to go in, anyone know whats up with the franchise?:confused: :rolleyes:

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You ever had a bad back? Steve's back is absolutely KILLING him. It's miraculous he is even playing. Most of us would be laying in bed.

3. StevieFrancis03

yes i totally agree, i know his back is killing him, but im talking about the past few games including LA&PHO:confused:

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

He had an awful shooting night in LA. Guys have them. He hurt his back in the Phoenix game early, so that's why he's struggled.

And, honestly, getting 19 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 steals is pretty damn amazing considering how bad that back is.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I agree with Jeff. Speaking from experience, its hard to sneeze or cough without excuriating paint, much less play basketball when you have a back injury.

6. StevieFrancis03

Dont get me wrong, im not a stevie hater, hes my favorite player in the nba, its just frustrateing to me the way hes been playin. I just hope he gets back in the groove, i cant wait for him to go on a streak like kobe.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

He was fine before the LA game. Two me, LA and Phoenix are his two bad games (so far) in the second half. Didn't he average 30 ppg in the first 3 games after the break?

8. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Fine. LET MOOCHIE PLAY THEN.

Francis had 5 steals tonight?

It is still amazing that he had his average stats. He was really hurting. Too bad we lost..

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, if Steve is hurting, then he needs to sit. Since we're not going to make the playoffs anyways, why risk long term injury? Let's see what Moochie and Tito can really do...Who knows, they might end up suprising us...

10. walterw

walterw Member

Make sense. He should only play if he can play hurt like Koby did.

11. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Koby" wasn't hurt ;). He's just a big Drama Queen.
    :p

12. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Despite his back I thought Stevie actually played pretty well tonight. Apart from a couple of shots he took, he didn't really try force it and mainly played with the flow of the game. When both Stevie and Ming was on the bench, the Rocks just looked like headless chickens not knowing what to do.

-G'day-

13. rockyymf

rockyymf Member

I don't like steve's play tonight although I respect his desire to shoot with a hurting back. He had a lot of turnover and was kind of slow to make decision, too. Rudy should have let he stay on the bench and rest.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's never been more than a 19 point per game scorer. That's all he is. He grabs 6 rebounds and scores 20 ponts per game. That's it. He is not the franchise or a point guard.