1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What about Michael Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RNuss02, Apr 23, 2002.

1. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Do you think the free agent acquisition of ex Redskin WR Michael Westbrook would be a good pick-up for the Texans? He would offer more play-makers for Graham, probablly Carr because he's fast, tall, and physical. He wouldn't cost much under the salary cap, since he was released by Washington, and was considered a "bust." Plus, I really don't think Jermaine Lewis is a starting caliber reciever. He's best a great return man and at best a 3rd down reciever to stretch the field. Should we pick him up or not?

2. epicRibbit

epicRibbit New Member

Only if he comes cheap.

There's Bradford, Gaffney and Lewis. As of now, they're the first three off the depth chat.

Not a necessity, but it's always good to have depth at WR.

3. Buck Turgidson

Dude is a MAJOR head-case; his attitude has basically sucked throughout his career. Oh yeah, he also beat the crap out of a teammate at practice. No thanks.

4. TexasG

TexasG Member

That teammate was Stephen Davis, and as bad as Westbrook has been I still think he was overrated. He would be a good pickup for the Texans if he signed for the minimum though.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force...

... It ain't Westbrook. He's overrated in my book, and I doubt he'd come to Houston for the minimum, anyway. He's a #2 receiver who thinks he's a #1. Besides, he's had a 1000-yard receiving season only once in his illustrious career (back in 1999). Thanks, but no thanks.

6. Hydra

Hydra Member

You must be impressed that he was able to beat the crap out of a power back like Davis though.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Uh, he kind of blind sided the guy. It would be the equivalent of you and I talking and all of a sudden, I start swinging for no reason. Not exactly a fair fight.