1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Do SIMs SUCK....or Does Rudy Suck???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Aug 9, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

....Does Rudy Suck????

This is SIM time...yeah baby..S.I.M. This is about taking what you are given......last year you weren't given Hakeem until late or for crap.....matter of fact...you had no center much of the year....your live SIM sucked with no center!!!!

the big new question never before fed to smeggy smeg.....

how do you win at SIM with no center?????

Let me start....join in with your wondrous SIMs

C...no one
    PF Mo, K9, Rogers
    SF SA, Walt, Mobley, Bullard, Rogers
    SG Mobley, Francis
    PG Francis, Moochie, Colson

Would you have played that line-up? How would you have changed it???

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Lets see, i certainly wouldn't rotate Moochie just so Walt Williams or Matt Bullard could slide over to the power foward position. If Moochies in, he's in, but Bullard and Williams are not sliding over to the power foward spot while I have a 6-4 Mobley at the three, and especially while a Kenny Thomas, or a Taylor, or Rogers sit on the bench scratching themselves....man!!

Oh and Rudy does not suck! Don't pigeon hole me man!!

Oh yeah, and what the hell is a SIM?

#2 ROCKETBOOSTER, Aug 9, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2001
  3. heypartner

You have NO CENTER....worries about 3rd String PFs CANCEL GAME!!!

....game over...

Please deposit 25 cents

....next

4. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

oooh yeah your right, we had no center. So bring in mooch, slide walt over to the four, have Bullard play center and watch the three-guard lineup flirt with victorys only to get out-sized at the end, while our three so called third string power fowards learn how to correctely stand and set picks behind the threepoint line!!! oooh fabulous!

5. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

oh yeah, and dont ever say next to me, especailly before the game is over, because you'll have the spalding label planted on your forehead before they turn out the court lights biatch!

#5 ROCKETBOOSTER, Aug 9, 2001
  6. Eric

Eric Member

Hey guys... maybe this topic is meant for you and your friends only or something, but I have no idea what you're talking about. What's an S.I.M? I thought the BBS was like open for everyone to talk Rocket's baskeball and this thread concerned potential roster moves and the Rocket's potential performance this season... not inside jokes and exclusionary jargon.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, Eric, don't feel bad. I've been here since 1996 and I don't even know what this thread is about.

8. Thanos

Thanos Member

LOL! That's gotta be the funniest line I've ever read on this bbs!

S.I.M. as in what? The Sims? I just stole my neighbors wife in the game... you gotta love it! :D

9. Eric

Eric Member

Thanks Jeff... coming from an established poster, an Administrator of the highest degree no less, that makes me feel much better.

By the way, I don't think I've had the opportunity to say this to you since I'm a relatively new poster (long-time fan of the site though): Thank you!! Your S.O.R campaign shows what a true Rockets fan you are. This city owes you a debt of gratitude for playing an extremely integral part in keeping the Rockets in Houston. I've lived here my whole life and would've been crushed to see the city's only champion playing in the "KFC Bucket" or "FedEx Center."

Also since you are a big piece of running this site, let me say it's THE BEST basketball site I have ever, ever been to. Great updates, excellent game recaps, insider info, and great chat/bulletin board make it one of my daily web hits. Thanks to you and Clutch. Keep up the great work Jeff!

#9 Eric, Aug 9, 2001
  10. heypartner

SIM = fantasy.

The lineup I gave up above is no fantasy. It happened last January, and Rudy constantly gets bashed for the line-ups he threw out because of it. Plus, for like 40 games, Rudy had a disgruntled Hakeem who barely wanted to play.

So, back to the question: If you only had those players above or an Hakeem who only went 23 minutes, who would you play???

It is a very simply game, this reality basketball thing.

11. Band Geek Mobster

Start Los at C. He's produced when given playing time, the only fear is that he gets injured again, but I like that idea much more than starting Mo out at C. When Los needs rest, KT and Mo can fill in at C.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't know SIM but I know about Dreamcast. I had to create Eddie, TMo, Langhi and Collier though--I think I was prety fair about it. Eddie grew a big Moochie Fro so he is easy to spot on the court but Langhi has not hit a shot all season :confused: