1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose gonna BALL and whose gonna FALL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Apr 22, 2008.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

the Rockets rest of the series is going to come down to this...

Whose gonna BALL and whose gonna FALL

assuming that our goose is cooked in terms of advancing to the 2nd round - lets see whether...

TMac goes into this shell, after giving it his best shot in game 2 and watching the team drop their 2nd straight at home...will Mac drop his bundle?
    OR will he rise again and prove himself worthy by playing well and giving his all, leaving EVERYTHING on the floor.

Head can actually make anything resembling a meaningful contribution. The knives are certainly out for Luther (at least on the BBS anyways) and LH needs to prove he can cut it and give us SOMETHING, because he hasn't improved in 3 years.

Scola can man up and finish like a beast instead of a hack (scrub). We've seen the best and worst from him this season, if he's truly going to be worthwhile in our plans going forward, then he'd want to show plenty of fire the rest of the series.

Battier becomes a factor on both ends at the same time. He was lighting it up with his shot in Game 1, but his defensive presence has yet to be felt this series. I love Shane - but he needs to bring it on both ends more regularly.

Brooks is truly a player in this league or not. Sure he's a rookie just finding his way, but think back to Sammy Cassell, I dont expect a bunch of clutch shots and plays from AB, but he needs to come to play and attack Deron off the dribble drive when he gets his chance.

Bobby Jax has got nothing more to show, we dont need him next year...

Landry gets a pass, hes not healthy and will be in our rotation for sure next season.

Alston is injured, who knows what we'll get from him.

Deke is great, he owes us NOTHING.

Woods and Harris are our projects.

and Novak is STILL a project. But if he gets in the game he needs to make shots cause thats all we are paying him for.

2. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

hey, that title's quite catchy, now let us have a read .. :p

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I belive Tracy in those next 2 games needs to start looking more fort his shots and points. Of course he has to creat but he needs to damn be more selfish

Luther Head - disaster

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Agreed.

Luther has peaked at average!

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Can anybody tell me why Luther Shoots like that...........

Any body on the rockets having the ball maked me nervous.........

But i like aaron brooks..........he just needs to go to the goal more.........and tracy

We can still make this a series........

2 crazy wins in Salt Lake city and we have home court advantage again......

So i pick

Mcgrady--Ball
    Scola--Ball
    Bobby J--Fall
    Aaron Brooks--Ball
    Landry--Fall
    Shane Battier--Ball
    Rafer-- Ball

Winning the next one will really keep our hopes alive........

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Average? You're being generous.

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Scola has NOTHING to prove in this series. He is a proven rookie thanks to his decades worth of play in FIBA and EuroLeagues. To question his merit in being apart of future Rockets plans is ridiculous. No other Rocket this year played with the tenacity and heart that Luis played with.

Battier's defense is not a brightpoint in this series because Utah has no primary scoring wingman. Shane is the best perimeter defensive player in the league, except for maybe Bowen (dirty though). Except for Utah, almost every other Western Conference powerhouse has a legit option at the 3. DD brought this up at jazzfans and was largely criticized but it is true. Battier's offensive surge in game one was a great surprise to me, but I think it is foolish to question whether or not Battier can bring it consistently- the guy plays hard.

8. lastmanstanding

Luther won't fall because he either won't see any more playing time (hopefully) or because you can't fall further than he already has.

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

not doubting Shanes desire, doubting his ability, especially in playoffs.

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

I think I can already foresee whose gonna ball and whose gonna fall.....

11. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

what we need:
    a back up who can play SG/SF and average 13pts in 20 min
    back up center who is 6'11+ and average 8pts 7rebs in 15 min
    a PG alike rafer alston's stats but atleast 6'3'' and is consistent in all areas
    and help on free throws

keep:
    tmac
    yao
    battier
    scola
    landry
    brooks
    novak

12. ind0fo0

That is sad since we have only played 2 games... against a team where his defensive ability cannot be fully utilized. I have no doubt in Shane's ability to be a winner. If first round had a match up between the Rockets and Lakers, you would see Shane in a different light. His intangibles are undeniable. Some of his tangibles (points, mainly) are starting to become more visible.

Speaking of- does anyone know where to find a clip of the Battier put-back dunk from last night?

13. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

But it isn't true, actually. Utah gets very good offensive production from the 2 and 3, they just don't get huge production from any ONE player.

Regular Season Stats

Brewer: 12.0ppg .558fg
    Kirilenko: 11.0ppg .506fg .379 3pt
    Korver: 9.8ppg .474fg .388 3pt
    Harpring: 8.2 ppg .500fg

That's 41 points on over .500 shooting from the 2 and 3. Add the quality spot minutes they get from CJ Miles and Ronnie Price at the 2 and 3, and they have a very efficient and productive set of complementary wing players.

14. ind0fo0

Sorry, when did I say that they absolutely suck at the 3? I am saying they don't have the ONE legit option at the 3. Do you really expect Battier to shut down 4 players (48 minutes defending 2)? If that is your measure of success, then you might as well trade Battier or get him some HGH. The op says that he doubts Battier's abilities in the playoffs. I just don't see anything else that Battier could do in this series that he is not already doing. He is a prominent defender (which is what we expected) and is contributing on offense (which I never really expected). To me, we should be focusing more on other players and give Shane a break. He is the reason we won that Lakers game. Give him credit.

15. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

Shane is a fine player. He and Yao are the only reasons I'd ever consider becoming a die hard Rockets fan again.

Just curious, are you Indonesian?

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

its notjust 2 games.

did you see him disappear last year?

oh and did you happen to follow his career at Memphis at all??

17. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

Also, both TMAC and Shane did a great job containing the Jazz wing players last night.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

well go ahead and share....

thats what the threads all about :)

19. ind0fo0

Oh, you mean the one that won the final 4?
    Plus, if by "last year" you mean the same match up of Houston and Utah- read the above arguments.

Nope.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member