1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Jay Will and send Him To Philly for A.I.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XBeams, May 20, 2002.

1. XBeams

XBeams Member

The SeventySixers seem to want to move Allen Iverson becuase of his failure to attend practise. He's also Injury prone due to his lack of muscle. AI would have been playing for Detroit right now if it wasn't for his teamate not wanting to take a cut on his paycheck. So what Im proposing is for the Rockets drafting Jay Williams and sending him Rice and the 15 to philly for Allen Iverson. This would bring alot of fans to the games, and considering the fact that Steve and Allen both share the same Shoe company (Reebok) that would bring in some money. Imagine Steve, Allen and Cuttino (starting at the 3) complimented by Eddie's superior blocking abilities..Yeah we would have a real small lineup, but I think most teams in the west would have trouble hanging with the speed and quickness of the Rocks on the fast break. So how does that sound to you guys? Or do you think of full of sh*..crap? Im only 12 so bare with my ideas..

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

Iverson, an all-star and MVP, would command a lot more than Jay Williams in a trade. Not going to happen. Plus, why would the Rockets want either anyway?

3. knifejc

knifejc Member

Just for fun IF that trade was to happen can you imagine how much complaining about our new 3 guard line up would end up on this board :)

That's the kinda lineup you would use on a video game

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This got you kicked out of the chatroom XBeams. . .

5. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Make Steve the 2 guard...

Ship Cat and No. 15 to Golden State for No. 3 and get Butler and Ming.

Go for a point guard (KT + Collier for ?), or find a good free agent.

Current Team

Trade-FA/Mooch/Brown
    Francis/Torres
    Ming/Cato
    Rice/Butler/Morris
    Taylor/Griffin

Future Starters:

Francis
    Trade / Free Agent
    Ming
    Butler
    Griffin

6. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

welcome x beams...your idea isnt any more crazy then half the crap I have seen on this board since hearing the good news..

and the other reason I post here is I really like your idea ricerocket ..thats another of the more imaginative..how good is this butler guy?

what happens now will be most interesting..you'll see how many experts we really do have on this board soon enough..

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

please!

no more talk about aquiring guards or pf's for that matter