1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I assume he is going into penny stocks which most people who use free trading platforms do- they are beginners/starters ect.. A free service with a lot of users who are trading penny stocks

they will indeed

2. Major

Major Member

Beginners/starters shouldn't and generally don't invest in penny stocks. And major institutions aren't going to be playing in penny stocks either. A free trading platform is ideal for people who don't have a lot of money - it let's you buy $200 of a stock without paying 5% on each side to buy and sell it.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I thought this free trading platform was borne out of the ideas of the Occupy Wall Street Movement? Trading for us by us.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

what are you talking about? People who trade on very little money and on a free platform nontheless aren't looking for longterm/retirement/investing (because they wouldnt mind a premium rated/commissioned service) but instead to buy as many stock volume as their $200 will get them with the highest risk for reward on earnings (20%,40%,80%,400%) in the quickest way possible (1-2-3 days) which is only realistic in penny stocks.. or (like I do sometimes) they shortsell big gaining hyped up penny stocks since almost all are destined to fail. Free platform=very little money=wanting high rewards=only realistic to have a possibility to get 20%-400% rewards on pennystocks

they are looking to trade with high returns in the matter of days.. not invest

free platforms capitalize on it-- their payment is the information they are getting/taking advantage of so just be weary with any free platformed service is all I recommend

#7844 Realjad, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  5. Mr. Brightside

I think there is good risk/reward on short Gold (Comex) at 1201 right now. Stop at roughly 1228 with 1:2 RR

6. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

OAS rallied 11.50 % today.. I am very pleased : )

7. Major

Major Member

This simply isn't true. First off, people with little money aren't even allowed to short anything - they aren't going to have margin access. Most small investors aren't crazy idiots playing penny stocks. Those are gamblers, not investors. They are people just learning to invest - everyone has to start somewhere, and many don't want to wait until they have a lot of money to being putting some in equity savings. That's why you have things like Sharebuilder that let people start very small. That's who these free trading platforms are ideal for. And then as they get older and have more to invest, they actually have a little knowledge already about how the market works.

8. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

So at what point to do you sell your stock? this one stock that I am in is up 16% Is that a good indicator to sell?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean 16% is a nice return, but you haven't given anyone enough information to tell you whether they think you should sell.

Depending on the stock itself, 16% could mean it is overpriced and time to sell or it could mean it has a ton of room to go up.

10. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

The stock is OAS.. I'm up pretty nice.. I bought when it was like 14.93

I feel like it may drop again.

11. Mr. Brightside

I'm not familiar with OAS as a company fundamentally, but it seems to move in close correlation with the price of crude oil. If you believe crude is heading lower, it is best to get rid of your position in OAS now.

I don't trade crude professionally but I observe those markets and I think the rally in crude is currently a bit over extended in the short term.

12. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

good thing i sold when i did it dropped .40

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So how do I play the Blue Bell listeria?

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

eat hagen dazs

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It's been fluctuating between 13-17 for months now. My buddies keep buying and selling and making a nice spiff each time.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man....worst stretch of my career since March 1 culminating in this VLTC disaster. thought i was getting out of my slump yesterday until i ran into this complete train wreck. gonna be awhile before i dig out of this hole.

17. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Were you short VLTC? :eek:

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah and it sucked because I couldn't get back short after I covered my position. I was really wanting to take another shot at it but no shares available to short so I just had to watch it drop.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I am long the rockets

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

if the rockets win by 30 on friday i'll forget about this vltc ****....maybe