1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love vs Blake Griffin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by devin23, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Which of these two young star power forwards would you build a team with?

1. Kevin Love

25 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Blake Griffin

106 vote(s)
    80.9%
  1. devin23

devin23 Member

If you had the chance to sign one of the two mentioned power forwards next year, assuming both are free agents, who would you pick?

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Blake Griffin, hands down.

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

How about I put them in the same team? :cool:

I'd take Blake.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Kevin is going to be very good.
    Blake is going to be great...

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Neither one of them is as good as y'all think they are.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Love's defense may be the worst in the league

7. Roxs-Redemption

Rocket's got Chuck Hayes

8. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Who would you build your team around, Chuck Hayes, Blake Griffin, or Kevin Love? The answer is obvious after tonight.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

a guy that can potentially average 20+ and 13+ for a decade is just "very good?"

blake is going to be a HOF-type player no doubt. but love is going to be challenging him.

remember, love is playing with luke ridnour. griffin is playing with baron and EG.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is actually a tough question.

As a Rocket fan, Blake's play style and injury history should be an immediate no for me. Though his potential is sky high, one reckless play could take away a huge portion of this guy's athletism.

Kevin Love on the other hand is a safe pick, but that's not exactly a bad thing. Love's play style is less prone to injuries, and his play style does not require much athletism at all. The guy beasts rebounds day and night (something we severely lack), and the only downside to his game is his defence (the same could be said for Griffin).

You can't go wrong with both though. It really depends on who you have on your roster in my opinion.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You know I really wonder about this, I am not sure if Love is a stat machine or actually a winner.

I really think Blake has WAY more hype and Love does it super under the radar, but I think both of their potentials have a really similar peak level.

I honestly don't know who I'd pick.

12. Roxs-Redemption

Chuck Hayes, of course

13. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

People keep holdin the Chuckwagon but we know the truth. He's a defensive superstar. If ppl cared about defense, it'd be Chuck Hayes teams would be after and not 'Melo, no doubt, no doubt

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Love is playing in his third full year of NBA experience, Griffin is a 2nd year pro playing in his first full year.

He had a bad game and Chuck shut him down (Chuck does that to every star big man lately though), but I would still take Griffin.

Love is not highly athletic, but has a genius level basketball IQ, Griffin is one of the most athletic big man in the game and will only get smarter and more polished with time. If you have a good receptive player, you can teach game smarts, you can't teach freakish athleticism.

15. what

what Member

Kevin is already great. Thanks for playing.

16. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Pity either of them don't play any D. The player who starts playing any D will be the one I would choose. Also Love will bolt from Minny when he can, it's a fact.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

With the Rockets luck Love, I think Griffin could be one of the best stars in 5 years IF he doesn't get hurt. Man will be a deadly shot blocker with the right coaching. I Can't see love getting a serious injury how he plays and if he could step it up on D he's top talent, I just can't see him being able to carry a team by himself but I could see Griffin doing it. He looked insane against Indiana with those post moves

18. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

kevin love had a taste of someone's arm pit while Blake Griffin had a taste of Chuck Hayes's defense!

19. Rockets21

Rockets21 Member

Both consistent but Girffin sells tickets. So Griffin

20. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Blake will go down as a HOF if he doesn't get major injury, but his style is bound for injury.

Love is Gasol kind of player. Perfect 2nd best player for a championship team, but not good enough to will his team as the main guy.