1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 25, 2011.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Can you tell me who you hung out/took pics with?

That's really cool dude.

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Gora Athletic

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Goodbye Pep.

When you do decide to come back, Liverpool would be more than happy to have you.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Contract talks with Robben are on hold, he's still b****in about the Ribery incident(feels the management should've backed him up more) and feels mistreated. Next talks will be shortly before the CL final. Curious to see how his works out, if he continues to act like a lil diva I say ship his azz out.

With the money we make from a Robben sale and CL income we can buy any wing we want(Hazard, Muniain, Gaitan,...). Or play Müller on the right wing(like he does for the national team and where he is more effective in my opinion) and buy a worldclass central playmaker to play as a 10.

Robben needs to realize he's replaceable and not the most important player for this team.

6. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I'm really hoping Robben leaves Munich now. Being Dutch, I hope he finds a good situation for himself elsewhere. Hopefully Arsenal can buy him!

It's strange, he seems like a nice guy in the interviews I've seen but he's always finding problems. Perhaps it has a lot to do with his style of play and being prone to injury. ATW, any clue?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think it is up in the air right now. I really like him and hope he stays. The team likes him as well, any rumors to the contrary are untrue. Basically, I don't think we can get anyone who is better than him at this position. He is one of the fastest players in the world, strong with the ball, fantastic left foot, great shot. He hasn't had that many injuries this year either.

It would not be the end of the world for Bayern if he leaves (especially because Mueller can play the same position), but I would prefer that he stays.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Not C1 material but still sweet move.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xqhgui_exceptionnel-coup-du-foulard-d-hazard_sport"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqhgui_exceptionnel-coup-du-foulard-d-hazard_sport" target="_blank">Exceptionnel coup du foulard d'Hazard</a> <i>par <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/LOSCTV" target="_blank">LOSCTV</a></i>

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Haha, the french commentators made that clip.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...nchester-united-manchester-city?newsfeed=true

Man United and City both had scouts at that game... didn't hear anything about Arsenal, who desperately wanted him to replace Fabregas a year ago. Hazard is perfectly suited for the Premier League - he'll have an impact right away.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Robben just signed the new contract, runs til 2015.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yay! Great news.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In 2 days, it will determine whether Chelsea's season was a success or failure.

Cole, Drogba, Lampard, etc. know it might be the last chance they get to win the title.

Not worried about those guys at all, they will play their hearts out and give it all they have.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chelsea might be in trouble without their main defenders, Robben&Ribbery could crush their defensive line.
    Hope Bayern plays different than vs. Dortmund, but am optimistic as Gustavo . won't play. :grin:

If we maintain a solid defense and don't get screwed on counter attacks I predict a 3:1 victory.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Can't wait for tomorrow's match, although I don't have a very good feeling about it from a Bayern perspective. I'll be there - both for the match and for the festivities (if we win).

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I'll be watching at 11 am. Not too early for a beer or three. I have to be somewhere at 2 so lets not have OT and penalties, OK.

How'd you get tickets AW?

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would play both Drogba and Torres tomorrow together. I feel it is destiny that Torres gets a hat trick.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

ATW is THE MAN.. That's how... lols

Anyway, here's to a good match!

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jyDWpTMUMPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I might post some pictures later. Beautiful sunny day in Munich.

I just hope everyone stays safe...and BAYERN WINS!

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Bayern!!

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Chelsea's defense hasn't been too great... c'mon Bayern!

If it's 0-0 at the half, Chelsea will have a chance to win it.