1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lou Williams Six man of the year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sjackson0, Jul 4, 2015.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

As much as i want to bring back Josh Smith....I wouldn't mind using all the MLE on Lou Williams, but it still might not be enough in this market. I know Morey is visiting trades right now and have many things up his sleeves, but Lou is scoring punch this team needs too. I wouldn't be surprised if his name floats with rumors regarding the Rockets.

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Agree!

3. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Pretty sure it's been discussed in other threads, prolly should merge, but Lou Wlliams would be a good signing, if he took a low contract. I'm sure he is Miami bound though.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

As far as the guards go that get thrown in the mix in the other threads, my preference is roughly this: 1) Collison 2) Lou Will 3) Stuckey

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He sucks, get Kevin Martin instead.

6. sjackson0

Six man of the year suck? Look I like what Kevin brings and would welcome a trade to be honest with you. Seeing how the market is inflated now, the timberwolves might view Kmarts contract attractive now because well.....it is.
    If you don't like Lou, that's cool but don't say he sucks lol

7. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Agree. He was the best point guard for the Raptors after the all-star break. Dude can score and clutch as ****.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Martin hates the Rockets FO

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we dont need help scoring we need help with ball handling/playmaking. stuckey is a perfect fit and potential to be a 3pt threat. a relatively healthy rockets wont need a 15ppg scoring spark off the bench. brewer, terry and smith/jones are all capable of scoring double digits.

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

6th man of the year = Chucker of the year

No thanks

11. sjackson0

Rockets need another guard who can create his own shot....Lou is a candidate. I wonder if the MLE would be enough?

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think he'll get more than we can offer. Would love to get him tho

13. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Lol Lou is a much better scorer and shooter than Stuckey. And Stuckey is not a playmaker.

14. Space City

Space City Member

[​IMG]

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Lou would be perfect here. Creator the 2nd unit needs, can play next to Harden in offensive lineups

Lou, Brewer, T.Jones (if kept), Capela, Dekker, Harrell and JT (maybe) on the bench? Sign me up.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Lou also a bigger offensive threat than K Mart. K Mart's best offensive season was 4 years ago.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How many assists per game did he get after the All Star Game?

18. sjackson0

I still think Kmart is above average scorer...when he is on the floor, he scores with the best of them. He is ridiculously efficient and that's sometime Morey loves, but Lou is a flat out creator of the dribble and from the wings. He doesn't need someone to set him up.....he would be nice coming off the bench giving him the green light.

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Haha, there are exceptions to every rule.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How can anyone call a guard who only averages 2.1 APG a playmaker? I do like that he gets to the line pretty well. He just seems like he's going to be a ballhogging chucker like Crawford, and I don't think that helps a team. Just look at the Clippers. Two Top 10 players and Crawford is chucking up brick after brick at the end of games.