1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next: Patching up other Rox roster holes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jul 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Let's get ****ing Jamal Crawford. Trade ariza for him. If we feeling crazy, three way trade between rockets, Portland, clippers

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Any reason why no one's brought up Lou Williams? I know his shot selection can be, shall we say, spotty, but the guy's the reigning SMOY, he shoots a lot of 3s and gets to the FT line at a very high rate, and has proven in the past that he's more than competent serving as a secondary ball-handler/playmaker. I think he's exactly the kind of guy Harden was asking for.

I will admit that I have no idea what he wants in terms of years or $$, but (I believe) that in a S/T with KPap and Prigs' non-guaranteed contracts alone we could offer him a salary just under $10MM/yr

3. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I assume Aldridge isn't coming...we really need to retain Smith. I think he's going to take whatever the Rockets want to give him.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Can 2nd round picks be traded 30 days after signing a contract? I'd go after Walter Tavares he'd solve the backup C problem. He'll grab rebounds and won't be pushed around like a rag doll simply because of his sheer size. Unlike Capela who's still 2 years away and maybe more of a PF in this league if he can develop a jumper.

Since they have splitter now. Would the Hawks rather have Jones as the back up PF than Tavares as the back up C?

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I am very glad Morey didn't mess around on this. Never know what can happen. Our team chemistry is some of the best in the league. Hard to "buy" that.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Hope your right on Smooth. This group deserves another shot. Why not ?

7. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

would be an awesome guy to provide scoring punch off the bench. i also attended the 1 rockets game he played in back in jan or feb 2008.

8. timm

timm Member

Interesting debate. Ageold.

Talent vs Chemistry. We need both - talent with negative chemistry is bad; talent with neutral chemistry works - because then the coach and lead players can make a big difference. However average or poor talent never wins. Generally wins and tenure improves chemistry!

And sometimes we can fall in love with our current squad because of a lucked in season with WCF run. I think we are still the team in the mix for 3 - 4 in WC on a regular basis. GS is way ahead; and OKC will be back to 2. SAS / us are in the next tier. Then Mavs / Clippers / Suns post all the changes. We need to be build for a 4-5 year window rather than overly worry about 2015-6 season.

9. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I am glad that we resigned bev and brew but we still haven't addressed the biggest concern...we need playmakers. I know the offseason isn't over. I really hope we can land a pg or another offensive playmaker. Harden has even stated he would like some help. Overall I am glad for our guys. I hope we aren't done

10. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Get Mo Williams for PG depth.
    Re Sign Smith and either get Stat or Perkins for cheap for big man depth.

Wait for the trade line to push for our missing championship piece.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gerald Green is 29? Damn, I still remember when he was a HS kid who wouldn't join the Raptors

12. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Not really. Letting the market decide is a recipe for paying fair value. You lock your guys up earlier if you feel strongly that they are asking you for less than what the market would pay them. Plus, now that the mavs have shown with the Parson's contract how t structure a deal that we cannot say yes to, you really cannot go into RFA thinking the way we used to.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Agre on 1-4 (GSW, OKS, SAS, HOU). No way after that.
    It is: 5-6: NOP, MEM,
    7-10 Dal, LaC, UTH, PHX in unknown order depending on who else Dalas and Clips sign, health of parsons and Mathews, etc

SACTO And Minny have the talent to join this last group but will they make the jump?

LAL, POR, DEN firmly in lottery

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A wise suggestion.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

who is STAT?

16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Amare

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

2yrs 6 M max, preferably less.

#57 saleem, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  18. arubato

arubato Member

It's weird but since max contracts are thrown left and right, Morey might not want the market to decide the price of his players.