1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Lol, boy he's really nitpicking.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I just really don't think he cares about the runs and hits right now.... Which would be fine if there was something wrong with him but his stuff seems fine. Maybe he just doesn't have the stuff we thought he had.

3. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's just hope that Hader takes him under his wing and shows him the ropes.

Sadly, I am serious.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Any word on CC?

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

#1445 studogg, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. crose

Supporting Member

I have only seen that he has been placed on the 7-day DL. No word on the severity yet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Carlos Correa, injured Saturday sliding into 3rd, placed on 7-day DL. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23JetHawks&amp;src=hash">#JetHawks</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Astros&amp;src=hash">#Astros</a></p>&mdash; Eric Smith (@Eric_L_Smith) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eric_L_Smith/statuses/481152841491296256">June 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, it likely could delay things by however long the injury takes to heal (half a season +).

Luhnow was expecting Correa to spend a significant amount of time at AA this year. If he dominated that league, there's a very good chance he would have started next year at AAA, with a promotion being in the works depending on how the big league club was doing (or depending on whether or not he'd sign a contract).

But in the grand scheme of things, half a season for a 19-20 year old is nothing. The important thing is that he gets the appropriate rehab assignments, a decent surgical correction, and no setbacks in the recovery process.

8. crose

Supporting Member

Also, according to this guy, Luhnow plans on having Correa make up the missed time in the AFL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Luhnow says it's an ankle injury on Correa. Will go to the Arizona fall league to makeup for missed time.</p>&mdash; AstrosTurf (@AstrosTurf) <a href="https://twitter.com/AstrosTurf/statuses/480763312318074880">June 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's good... chances are, even if healthy, he would have been going there anyways (either as a springboard to AAA, or in this case, to solidify a start at AA vs. finishing his A ball stint).

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

So you would rather have your head in the sand?

[​IMG]

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'd just rather talk about the Astros prospects. Your on your own. I choose not to pay attention because they won't be Astros. The concern with Bryant's success is others way of attacking Lunhow's choice. Lunhow is deserving of praise because he is turning the Astros around from the ground up. GM's miss on players all the time, because usually the draft is based on players potential. What has Bryant done in the Bigs? What has Appel done? Nothing. Does anyone really care if x player had a better minors than player y? No, because all that matters is what they did for the big league ball club when it's all said and done. There's no need for the whining, and that's what is being done when the Cubs prospect is being brought up. If you like him so much, post in the Cubs forum and stop arguing just to argue. I gave you a pass in the Texans forum, but you are showing the same annoying persona in this one as well.

For the doubters about Appel, pitching takes time.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Marco Gonzales, picked after Appel in the same daft, making his MLB debut Wednesday for the Cardinals.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... I'm pretty sure people were more excited about Appel because it likely "wasn't" going to take time.

Had he been declared as somebody who needed a lot of seasoning... he likely would not have gone #1 in the draft.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ummm... your premise is truly laughable. since drafting players has been around, anybody selected #1 is closely tied to those who were picked directly behind him. for example, carlos correa & byron buxton, andrew luck & RGIII, greg oden & kevin durant, etc... Do you see a pattern? Furthermore, it is natural to compare our very own Mark Appel to those who where picked behind him, i.e. Bryant and Gray. Your stance on the matter is basically "out of sight, out of mind", which does not bode well in reality. As for your comment about "GMs miss on players all the time", yes you are correct. But, you simply CAN NOT miss on a #1 overall draft pick. If a player's potential is reduced because of injury... OK... there is nothing a GM can do.

How about you stop being a bossy prick, and if you don't like something... Simply skip over it. Or you can be a little b!tch (which I assume you will) and place those who choose to be informed on your ignore list.

By the way, it's Luhnow, not "Lunhow"... :rolleyes:

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Here's a thought -- maybe we can all just grow up. It's pretty obvious that Appel has been a disappointment thus far and Bryant is dominating. I think most of us wish we would have picked Bryant instead.

But that doesn't mean I need to see his box score line every time he has a good game. To put it in your terms, you are Portland Blazers fan that had to comment "btw Durant had 30 tonight" in every Blazers post-game thread during their rookie years. Can you not see how that is annoying?

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Informed?

You are naming guys bust etc before they even stepped foot in a major league stadium.

I had the privilege of playing with many pro players and pitched in the collegiate level. Even had a chance to stand in Roger Clemens BP sessions in the off season with Robbie Grossman in highschool. I know a thing or two, and for some guys it takes longer.

Frankly I'm tired of seeing people post a players nightly box score every time a good game is had. It's whining.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too much spazzing about Appel. Give him time. Man yall quit on people too quickly.

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Another thread done because people can't seem to figure out they are supposed to talk about the Astros minor leagues, not see how far they can piss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.