1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for people to join my ESPN fantasy basketball league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Pieman2005, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Hi guys. :)

I run a fantasy football and basketball league with my friends. It's no problem finding people to join fantasy football leagues, but it's tough to fill up a basketball league. Every year we scrape 10 people together but only 5 of us have been really active and we've kicked out the inactives.

So I'm looking for 5 more more people interested in joining. :)

General rules:

Head-to-Head matchups:
    Basically like fantasy football. Play against one person every week and earn a win or a loss based on accrued points. Each stat earns points, not a rotisserie league.

Weekly lineups:
    We've played daily lineups and weekly lineups and the weekly lineups just seem to be better.
    You don't have to mindlessly and annoyingly change your lineup everyday and it adds strategy to your lineup (example: Player A is better than Player B but Player B had 4 games this week and Player A only has 2)

Waiver bidding:
    Instead of a standard waiver wire, we use a waiver bidding system. It's not real money, it's a virtual allowance you have to spend on free agents. This gives everyone a chance to get a player instead of worrying about waiver order and adds a fun element trying to outbid everyone without spending your money.

If you're interesting you can post your email here :) If you don't feel comfortable posting it here just email me at coryssword20@yahoo.com letting me know you want to play and I'll shoot you an invite!

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

No takers? Need 2 more people

3. hhh345

hhh345 Member

is it an auction or snake draft?

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Snake. Sorry forgot to mention that important detail haha

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Any openings left? I am looking to play. Not much experience with fantasy basketball but I love football. I was checking out random leagues and figured I would check here. I will be active I promise.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you need peeps I'm down.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Whats the buy in?

8. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I emailed you a few days ago and haven't heard back.

:confused:

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry I haven't checked my email! This thread wasn't getting any response so I didn't think there was any interest.

I had two emails and I replied to them. If that was one of you who already posted here let me know and you'll get the 2 spots. :)

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Thanks for the interest! Two other people emailed me a week ago and I missed them. I'm going to give them the first serves. Let you guys know if there's any space left!

I replied man. Again, sorry about that. :)

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

So either of you still want in? One of our guys dropped out. Got 3 open spots right now!

1 person likes this.
  12. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Sent a email.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I replied. :)

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I totally forgot I posted in this thread (don't frequent this subforum much), I am still interested if you still have spots. I will PM you my email.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Np. We have 10/10 but one of the members is questionable. Will let you know if spots opens