1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz Fans are exactly like Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEXCELANT, May 1, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LOL I have been reading the Jazz fans blog site. I noticed some very interesting similarities. Like these comments

Sloan is unimaginative - why won't he change up his offense and make adjustments?

Sloan won't develop his younger players.

Fire Sloan!!

Mehmet Okur Sucks!

Will Sloan every play more than 8 players deep?

All we every do is pick and roll when will we fast break?

As for those of you who claim that Yao was owned? Read this from the Jazz perspective.

Fisher is one of the most clutch playoff players in the past decade so Sloan was right to bring him in. The problem is that Okur has been AWOL on offense this whole series. Furthermore, Yao averaged 25 ppg during the regular season. During these 5 playoff games, he's scored 20,26,27,28 and 21, so Yao is performing as well against Okur as he has against everyone else guarding him all season. Okur's holding Yao's field goal % much lower, but Yao is just making it up by getting to the foul line more often than he does in regular season.

In the meantime Okur has been shut down on offense. His FG % is under 30% through game 4 and Yao hasn't always been guarding Okur. If this series has done anything, it's exposed Okur as a very one dimensional stand and shoot player. During the season Okur would often be left open for good looks as opposing centers generally don't chase their defensive assignment out beyond the 3 point line. However, Jeff Van Gundy figured this out and sends smaller guys out to guard Okur on the perimeter which results in Memo just looking around and passing or shooting up a brick. Opposing teams are no longer fooled by the 6'11" center who plays offense like he's a slow shooting guard.

Jerry Sloan is actually doing a surprisingly good job of coaching this series and the players have responded for the most part...except for ONE...Okur is not playing anything like an All-Star.

How come nobody is praising Sloan for the Jazz holding houston to horrible shooting percentage throughout the series, especially from 3pt line? For years all we've heard is whining about how sloan's teams get killed from 3 and we match up against a great 3pt shooting team and take away their shots.

How come we don't praise sloan for holding the third best playoff scorer in history (over 30 ppg) well below his averages? Criticize him for using Fish, but so far it's obviously working (don't forget that T-mac said he wants to be guarded by AK)

How come we don't praise sloan for his control over a very young and inexperienced team? Rebounding from 0-2 is tough, and utah gave great energy tonight on the road.

How about being in a close series against a higher seeded team (who is finally healthy) with 3 of your 4 best players playing well below their potential?

It completely astonishes me that the people who actually have to get on the court and play rarely get blamed for losses while Sloan takes the heat for every single loss (even while getting votes for COY) and is never once praised for doing well.

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Dude fans are fans, all fans are like that. Some are worse than others though, but for the most part, everyone is like that.

Cavs fans gave LeBron so much heat in the season when they were losing, there were a lot of trade threads.

Also, Heat fans gave Wade a lot of heat ( :p ) for barely being able to keep the team afloat without Shaq. Many posters said something along the lines of "Championships are not something this franchise will ever see with Wade leading the way" etc. etc.

A lot of Rockets fans think Sloan is outcoaching us, is a genius, and I'm sure a lot of their fans think that JVG is outcoaching them.

We think Yao/T-Mac and the bench are playing well below their potential, same thing for them. They think Williams, Okur, etc. aren't playing well enough.

Just how it is.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

99% of all fans are bandwagon fans using matty101's defintion of bandwagon

4. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

It's just funny that the charges leveled against Sloan are the same ones being leveled against Van Gundy. Both teams are hard nosed grind it out defensive teams. A lot can be said about these teams being very similar in their style of play.

5. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Jazz Fans Get really loud on their homecourt.............

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

Honestly I'm more interested in that guys assesment of how they are holding the Rockets to however low shooting %. We saw today that Mcgrady unfurled his PG hat and surprise surprise people started shooting well. Heres to the game in Utah same mentality same result

7. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

Man am i glad that they called a charge on derrick fisher..that could've easily been a block if the refs remembered it was utah.

anyways,as for the fans..its not just like this for every team..but for every SPORT!

I,although am proud to say that i do not jump off the bandwagon;) Been on it since 2 years ago:D

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Thread title sucks: 1 Star

9. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

fan2 /fæn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fan] ​
    –noun​
    an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime​

dev·o·tee (děv'ə-tē', -tā') Pronunciation Key n. ​

1. One who is ardently devoted to something; an enthusiast or advocate: a ​
    devotee of sports.​

My point is a fan should always love their team during good times and tough times. I know it sucks when we lose, but when you criticize your team (the Rocks) it is like putting salt on their wounds.

How would you feel if you play for the Rocks and you happen to read a thread that is bashing you...I would feel extremely depressed and perhaps the next few games I might not feel very responsive. Or, the other case would be to try to do too much and mess up the game.

Don't get me wrong it is OK to say what we can be doing better but to go to the extremes of Rafer sucks, and fire Gundy... not appropriate.

This is what we have...so lets make the best of it!
    So please don't compare us to the crappy Utah fans...we are better than them. Oh...and stop complaining about the Rockets so much when they lose.

Nothing but Rockets love,

jsm

10. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

From the blog you posted, they seem to be different. They are actually more confident in our coach and players than some of the folks here.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

12. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

"Utah Jazz Fans are exactly like Rockets Fans"

Well, except for the 2 Championships.

13. looper

looper Member

okur was an all star??? I had no idea...really?

14. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

What I meant was it's not wrong for fans to be like that, that's just how they are. They want their team to do well so if they feel something is not working they'll call it out. It's perfectly fine.

By some fans are worse than others, I meant Lakers fans...most of them really only like Kobe and don't care about basketball in general. Most, not all, most.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Those aren't fans. They would say the same thing no matter the coach and players. They just try their best to "criticize" in a vain effort to sound smart.

16. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I am *NOT* a bandwagoner/fair weather fan & my sig proves it.