1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best in-ear and over-the-ear headphones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dash, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Dash

Dash Member

I know there's already a headphones thread but I don't have the access to search so just gonna make a new thread. I broke my Audio Techinica ATH-M50s so looking for a replacement. Something at least on par or better than the quality of the m50's. Also looking for a good pair of in ear headphones good for working out and such. Price range is flexible but obviously prefer most bang for your buck. Rep for all suggestions.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. magman

magman Member

If you're looking for some over the ear heaphones that are durable and sound good, the V-moda M100's are a good choice.

I really enjoy them, they sound great, and with the xl earpads they are comfortable. The bass on them is tight and punchy but doesn't overpower the mids or highs.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The best I've tried in-ear: Klipsch S4i.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Defiantly not bang for your buck, but I really like my Beats Studio Wireless. They even look good in Matte Black unsteady of having the tacky shiny look.

I have a pair of Bose in ear headphones that are really good too.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Umm just go back and buy another pair of ATechnica's dude. You had a pretty good pair of headphones, no questions needed. Go back to the store/website and get another set of them -M50x.

8. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

You are trolling right? Please tell me your trolling.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really love the model above it, the X10. They're discontinued with the pricier x11 and both are some of the most comfortable in-ear buds around.

Sound quality is undoubtedly better (also have owned the S4s), but the price range is steep (130-330). The sound quality on the S4s are also pretty good value if you can get them around 50. If you buy them retail for a hundred straight up, I'd look at the discontinued x10 for sales.

The main minus is the bass isn't overpowering. It's enough, but I had to change the equalizer settings.

Also the wiring looks and feels flimsy as hell. Not for working out. Take care of them...

#9 Invisible Fan, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did they break on the headband? I had a pair and I believe that's where they broke a couple of years ago. Why not just get a pair of ATH M50x's? I went and got some Ultrasone HFi-780's after my M50's broke. They're both great headphones.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't really care about audio quality, but I want to know which headphones will get me the most street cred?

12. HR Dept

Not at all. The bass in the remastered Studio's has been dialed way back. And though it's still obviosely boosted, I'm ok with that and the added saturation.

They're comfortable, look good, great noise canceling, and fit my style of music. They were definitely overpriced, but that's really they're only draw back for me.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

14. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Inexpensive and good earphones. Panasonic RPHJE120K . about $7 on Amazon. I also have Grados and Audio Technicas. I've had a bunch of other headphones. And this is about as good as $7 can be spent. There's no reason to spend a bunch of money on in ear headphones.

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

16. HR Dept

I should've known better than mentioning Beats.

But if you haven't checked them out lately then maybe you should. Or not. It's up to you. Many people still won't like them, but the Studio Wireless headphones that I mentioned are nothing like what Those cheap Solo HDs were when they first hit the market.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I need some new cans and my significant other needs some new in-ear headphones. She's been using the "new" Apple things that aren't worth a crap. Not only not worth a crap, but they gave her blisters in her ears while we were on vacation. How? She listened to 4 audio books in two weeks while baking in the sun or relaxing on the hammock that was on our balcony. She would nod out with the damn things in her ears, which had a lot to do with it, but can you believe getting blisters in your ears? Crazy. So I'll be checking this thread and will check the other one, unless this is merged with it (not a bad idea), and thanks, Yung-T, for posting the link.

edit: I want to add that bluetooth would be a major plus.

#17 Deckard, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Over- Koss PortaPro

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Seconded.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I tried the X10s and didn't like the fit because I like to wear them sport style. I ended up getting the S4i Premiums. The cords are sturdier (although a little stiffer).