1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rudy Needs To Restore Unity to Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hexum24, Nov 29, 2000.

1. hexum24

hexum24 Member

I am somewhat disappointed about the chemistry with this team early in the season. It appears that people(namely Mobley) seem more concerned about making the All-Star team rather than trying to restore team play during the games. The reason you always see Francis and Mobley leading the team scoring, is because most of the time they are the only ones that have the ball and will not pass!!! Don't get me wrong, I like both Francis and Mobley. But, we have some untapped potential in the others as long as we just give them the ball so they can get some shots. I am happy that Francis and Mobley are such good friends, but put all selfishness aside and include the others in the game before you ruin a promising future for the young Rockets. If it doesn't change then say goodbye to Anderson, Taylor, and any other high-profile free agent on the market.

2. cson

cson Contributing Member

you're sooooooooooo right hex.
    I hate to say it but you are so right.
    I miss the days when anybody, ANYBODY was "allowed" ,"encouraged" and "capable" of stepping up and savin' the day......we have definetly lost that vibe team-wide.

------------------
    C-son

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, the team has worked within the offense and defense. The problem is that these guys are YOUNG. It is tough to get young guys to focus long enough to do what they are supposed to do on the floor.

Every young guy coming into the NBA is this way with few exceptions. It takes at least 2 or 3 full season of play before guys really begin to mature if they are going to mature at all.

------------------
    Time for a new clause.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I agree with Hex actually.

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

What bothers me the most is that Francis hogs the ball, but doesn't shoot it. At least Mobley shoots the ball, and gives it a chance to go in. Francis usually dribbles the ball for 23 seconds, and passes it to a teammate for a last second fling. Also, he never pushes the ball up. NEVER! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    This team could be so good RIGHT NOW! It drives me crazy that they're not.

------------------
    2000-2001 Rockets Game Formulas:
    End of 1st quarter: "They're playing so well!"
    2nd: "What a great game!"
    3rd: "Theres no way they can lose now!"
    4th: "What the ******* **** happened?!!"
    Revote! Revote! Revote!......
    Rocket's Championship 2001!!

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We will get better in the future.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!