1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has a better chance of upsetting SAS in the 1st Round?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Who has the better chance of upsetting San Antonio in the First Round?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2014.
  1. Memphis

111 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Phoenix

50 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Since the 8th seed is still up for grabs between Memphis and Phoenix, who do you think has a better chance of upsetting San Antonio in the first round?

It seems as though Memphis has the tougher schedule remaining, having to play at Phoenix and then at home against Dallas (who will want to pay revenge for being knocked out of the playoffs). Phoenix only has Memphis and at Sacremento.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Haha tough schedule playing each other

3. Clarinetmonster

Memphis is the more dangerous and more well rounded team in my opinion - however, matchup-wise the Suns might be the bigger problem for the Spurs.

4. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Phoenix doesn't have a chance in the playoffs IMO. Too inexperienced especially considering it's the Western conference

5. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

If I'm the Spurs I'd much rather see the Suns, no question. They are younger and inexperienced, and I think the Duncan on Plumlee matchup would definitely favor the Spurs.

The Grizz are big, tough, veteran and have playoff experience. This team is similar to the team that bean SA in the 2011 playoffs.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If forced to choose, I'd pick Memphis easy. But I'm not sure that's saying much, given that SAS swept them in the postseason last year (and neither team is substantially different).

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a feeling the Spurs don't want anything to do with Memphis. Gasol and Randolph are a load, and the Grizzlies are an experienced, veteran team that understands their identity.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well this is easy, the Suns won't be in the playoffs. Memphis is the last team the Spurs want to see. Terrible match up for them.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Spurs seem to have figured out Memphis after the 2011 flameout, but I'd still give the Grizzlies much better odds of at least making it a series. The Suns are playing out of their minds, but I don't see them being able to take it up yet another level in the postseason. They'd be lucky to last 5 games.

10. basketballholic

It'll take a miracle at this point for PHX to get in the playoffs.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Memphis has already done it once

12. JazzLakerHater

Since that 2011 series, San Antonio has absolutely dominated Memphis. Man I hope Phoenix makes it, Dragic and Bledsoe are so fun to watch.

13. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Spurs swept them this season

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

I wish Memphis was playing OKC. Then again, they don't quite seem the same without Lionel Hollins there.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And last year in the playoffs too. I'm not sure why nobody seems to remember that lol.

16. Dogtag

Dogtag Member

do you really think the inexperience suns have a better chance. and last year's playoff between spurs and grizzlies are closer than it appears there are 2 ot, grizz just can't do it in the clutch

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dragic would undress Tony Parker! Suns no doubt!

18. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Yes they do, Memphis isn't as good as last year and if I remember correctly Memphis got swept last year..

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Spurs swept Memphis last year in CF when they were way better than now, and the suns is inexperienced team who has no chance in winning one game against the spurs.

so your question is irrelevant

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Grizzlies have less chance of upsetting them, they just aren't good enough, but they can drain them physically. The suns could go ham mode, or just get wiped out in an easy 4.

So I'll say the suns, but it's like 10% chance of win, 20% chance of decent series, 70% chance of easy out, whereas the Grizzlies are more like 5% chance of win, 45% chance of decent series, 50% chance of easy out.