1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any possibility of acquiring LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 29, 2009.

1. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Is there any possibility of acquiring LaMarcus Aldridge?

I really like this guy's game and feel he will blend perfectly with this group of guys. I have been watching a lot of Portland games as of late (most fun team to watch after my Rockets) and I really like his skillset. He can knock down shots up to 16-17 feet and has a variety of moves. A lock for scoring 18 and 10 on any given night and can drop the big numbers if need be. Happens to be playing behind one of the best players in Roy.

I know the Portland GM is under pressure to make a move or take a risk for the well-being of the team. Not to mention the fact that Aldridge just signed a closetomax contract recently. This might help match the salaries with T-Mac and Scola. I am willing to part with Scola if it gives us a shot at acquiring a premier power forward who is destined for the all star game for years to come.

Thoughts?

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

First question, are you a longhorn?

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Carl Landry

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Not likely. With all the injury to the good players, they need him more than ever.

5. redao

redao Member

Overrated and overpaid.

no possibility.

6. Egghead

Egghead Member

I second that

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So they have pressure to make a move. And will do a salary dump type lateral move?

8. RocketMania1991

I don't think they would risk trading Larmarcus he's still young and an up and coming star.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

They just signed him to a long term deal why would they up and trade him?

It is pretty clear that Portland is building that team around Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge.

10. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Carl Landry is undersized dude. I love him game to death and I would never part ways with him unless it was for a bonafide star (i.e. Roy).

I would totally do T-Mac + Scola for Aldridge. Yeah he's injury prone somewhat but he's a big man and a legit 6'11'' forward who can do so much on the court from passing, rebounds, blocks and points much less.

BTW I am not a Longhorn. I am a proud UH Alum :)

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

And Portland wouldn't do that.

Carly Landry is undersized but yet he still gets the job done time after time.

Charles Barkley was also undersized. I know Landry is no Charles Barkley but if he's getting the job done it's time to stop talking about him being undersized.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Edit : Carl Landry

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I think there's a hot chance the Trailblazer won't to give up there last good big with tons of potential for an expiring contract and a downgrade at PF.

14. acefan18

acefan18 Member

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

You make too much stupid threads. Don't make a thread each time you think of something, please. Especially not in these times.
    This is like your 2nd thread in 5hours.

1 person likes this.
  16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Why would we need Aldridge when our PFs are set. Aldridge is good because the pressure is off him due to having a superstar on his team like Brandon Roy. If Brandon Roy isn't on his side, he would be struggling too.

What the Rockets need is a swingman that can create his own shot and everyone else shots.

17. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Doubt it. With Greg Oden's future in question, they really have no one else down low.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

No homo

19. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

Nope. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

And I'm a Longhorn!

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His deficiencies don't warrant the contract or lost assets. We already have a handful of PF's that aren't great defensive rebounders. Aldridge would fit in well with Yao on offense because of his range but its not worth dealing all our cheap pieces for him. Not now.