1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jericho - New Episodes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket G, Feb 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Liked the first new one.

Texas independent and even though Houston & Dallas got nuked, holds the key to what happens to the country.

Glad it didn't get canceled.

2. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Good episode considering what all has happened between the show being "canceled" and the abbreviated current season (only 7 episodes and then ????) Gotta love the scene in the hospital where the deputy is eating the nuts. Niiiiiiiceeeee wink to the fans. Weird that some of the main characters were not present (Jake's mom, Stanley's sister, etc.). Still, good resolution of the war between Jericho and New Bern with alot of hostilities still around for both.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What is Jericho about? I keep seeing some promo's for it while skipping through on my TIVO. Is it like 24?

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

damn

just for a second I thought this thread was about Y2J Chris Jericho. :)

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I was going to start a thread about this last ngiht, but I figured I was one of the only ones who watched. Loved It! Partly because I thought I would never see the resolution to the war with New Bern after the show was cancelled and partly because the show is just brilliant. I hate that Jakes Mom and Stanleys sister werent on there due to them being in other shows now, but I guess after the show was cancelled, they had to take other jobs. Wonder how or if they will write that into the story (died in the war with New Bern, maybe?). 7 Episodes is not nearly enough. Hope it does well enough in their rating to justify a full order of season 3 episodes...If not, looks like another nut campaign will occur.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

TIVO'd it. I really like this show. Started watching it from the beginning and was disappointed when they cancelled it. Great story about the viewers demanding its return.

7. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

yeah it was a good episode. I really like the show as well...but the show has its cheezy action moments. They do drama much better imo.

8. Rocket G

Jericho, KS in a post-nuclear USA. Well, it's no longer the USA. East of the Mississippi it's the USA, west of it is the Allied States of America. Texas, again is apparently independent with a strong military and of course oil resources but Houston & Dallas got nuked. The capitol is apparently in San Antonio now for some reason.

The nukes - hidden in delivery trucks - took out about 10-12 major cities. Iran & North Korea were blamed and the President of the ASA apprently nuked them both in response, destroying them.

In reality, it was a terrorist plot (domestic and maybe foreign too) that was planned by folks in the Dept of Homeland Security w/ help from others - the reason for it has not been explained yet.

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I thought that 23 cities were nuked. Oh, well, maybe I'm wrong.

It's nice to have Jericho back. Hope it sticks around. I'm liking this Beck guy (played by Esai Morales).

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

CBS has stated the ratings for the premiere as "Mediocre." Estimated 4.2 million watched. I wish these people understood that hardly anyone watches their shows live anymore. Especially when it comes on at 10 on the east coast. DVRs have changed everything. Ratings are an inaccurate science for how many people watch these shows...what can you do, you know?

12. Trip

Trip Member

It was a good episode. Interested in seeing the resolution of the whole thing. A third season looks doubtful though. There's not a lot of buzz surrounding the show up here in Canada, and judging by the ratings in the States it's not too big there either.

Whatever happened to Dale?

13. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

yeah hopefully we can see a resolution to the story, hopefully less filler episodes ala lost. Lets not strech this thing out, it probably won't be renewed after the initial 8 episodes.

anyone know how it was rated?

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Less viewership equals less money from advertisers....who pay based on rates determined from Nielsen ratings' data. Given that, I don't think advertisers would be too happy if Nielsen included DVR recordings to be aired later in the ratings data. lol. That would mean the advertiser is paying a higher rate so you or I can fast forward through their commericals when we watch it later.

Unless something changes for Jericho, I would think season 3 is doubtful at this point. I don't think sending 5,000 pounds of nuts (or however much) while complaining about it is going to fix that this time around.

Jericho ratings:

viewers: 7.15 million
    18-49 demo: 2.5/7 rating/share
    HH rating: 4.1 million

#14 Surfguy, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  15. Rocket G

Well, at least we'll always have great programming like Real World: Gauntlet or some ****.

Jesus...
    :mad:

**** everyone in media programming.

16. T Rex

Another solid ep tonight......like Lost, they don't seem to be wasting around with much filler and getting right towards getting things moving. :)

I'm not sure how much I'm buying Darcy helping Hawkins with all the spy stuff in the police/military station considering how adamant he was that she know nothing during the 1st season.

Still, hearing the "president" speak in that passionate and patriotic speech was cool......you know there's alot of seedy things going on behind the scenes with that administration, but the only one that can expose it Jake and Hawkins (and Hawkins friend).

Good stuff

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Jericho came in last place for its time slot last night.

Household Rating / Share
    3.7/ 6

In comparison, a re-run of NCIS at 8pm did 7.1 / 11.

People would rather watch re-runs of crime dramas than new episodes of Jericho. Unbelievable.

18. Rocket G

Yup... People are ****ing idiots.

19. T Rex

Man, what another quality episode......can't believe this show isn't gathering more interest? I'm not saying it's on the same level as Lost, but it has alot of similar aspects and creative storylines. RIP, Bonnie.

20. Rocket G

Yeah, I think the **** hits the fan on the next episode.