1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has a better chance of upsetting SAS in the 1st Round?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Who has the better chance of upsetting San Antonio in the First Round?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2014.
  1. Memphis

111 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Phoenix

50 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I already said I think the Grizz have a better chance, but I don't think it's nearly as likely as many seem to think. I think Memphis might have them beat up/tired by the time we face them if we advance, but I wouldn't bet on an upset.

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

The heck? Suns were eliminated yesterday

4. Fefo

Fefo Member

none stand a chance

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, they weren't.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm going with the Suns.

Spurs seem to struggle with teams that are faster and more athletic. They don't have any wins against the Thunder or Rockets for that reason and the Suns are basically less talented versions of the Rockets and Thunder. I would love to see a Dragic and Parker match up. And the a Suns and Spurs always have great series!

Grizzles are pretty scary but they only play one way. And last year the Spurs team dismantled them in 4 games!

7. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Many apologies guys... I was incorrect when I said Dallas was knocked out of the playoffs. They've secured a spot in the playoffs.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Memphis > Dallas > Suns

Memphis is just a wrecking crew once they get going inside the paint. If Gasol was healthy all season they'd be a 50-55 win team.
    Dallas has loads of play off and championship experience. Dirk can light up just about anyone on his good nights.
    The Suns lack experience, depth and defense.

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Nobody is upsetting the Spurs this year. After losing the Finals the way they did, they have a bad taste in their mouth and will be out for Blood from Game 1. Only OKC has a chance to hang with them.

And Rockets ofcourse :grin:

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm hoping it's Memphis. Whether the Spurs sweep them or not they'll be physically beat up after the series

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Regardless of who gets in that 8th seed, the team that comes out of that 1-8 matchup will be bone tired. Memphis has to play great defense and Phoenix has to play great offense, both of which are tiresome.

The Spurs have to bear the brunt of that defense or offense, and will be tired.

I could see SAS-PHO/MEM go 6-7 games tbh. As long as we take care of Portland in 4-5 games, it'll be a much easier second round matchup.

12. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Wow.

You remind me of a poster on this board over a decade ago who said that Yao was "Essentially a bigger, more talented version of Tim Duncan."

The Spurs will probably sweep either of the three potential 1st round matchups (they are 1-11 against them this season, I believe). To think The Rockets will have an easier time with Portland that the Spurs do in Rd 1 is profound logic.

Now, the Spurs are very aware of how the Rockets have handled them this year - and I could certainly see the Rox taking that series; they ARE a tough matchup.

But aided by the Spurs being tired from rd 1? Nah.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Idk but i like rooting for the under dogs.

Would be so fun to see a team like the suns or the grizz to knock off the spurs.

14. Orange

Orange Member

I think there going to play dallas.