1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Free Agents Available for 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Where is Mr JR with the info on the new D tackle the Texans signed...???

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

3. Remii

Remii Member

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That makes no sense at all. Schaub at least has shown an ability to play well in the past. Sanchez has always been the suck.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, no one is gonna mistake him for Vince Wilfork or anything, but he appears to be, at worst, quality depth (which we badly need), and at best, a quality rotational player. Either way, this is a positive development.

6. Remii

Remii Member

If Romeo wants a player he drafted I'm perfectly fine with it. At this point Romeo is the only person in the Texans organization that shouldn't be questioned because he's the only one that had confetti dropped on him after the last football game of the year was played.

And they can get the money for Vince if they want him. He may not be real expensive.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm not expecting anything from Powe. Any contribution is gravy.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wilfork staying in New England (new 3-year, $22.5M deal)

LB Shaun Phillips to Tennessee
    RB Knowshon Moreno to Miami

RB MJD visiting Oakland and could sign.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Its funny how Wilfork changed his tone so quickly.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

****ing tired of hearing people talk about Jimmy Graham's arbitration and saying "it says TE on his Twitter". Get the **** out of here John McClain. If I put CEO of Exxon on my Twitter profile it doesn't entitle me to stock options and a huge salary. If Graham had put QB on his Twitter should he be paid like a QB? Get ****ed.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but it does show that he self-identifies as a TE when it's not in his best interest to call himself a WR. That really does mean something. I've won court cases based on social media status updates before.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Changed my LinkedIn status to GM of the Jets. Where's my money? I'm suing you if I don't get any money because you said my social status means something on a social forum. I'm gonna try and trade us a 2nd rounder for 2015, I'll let you know when it's done.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you're missing the point, his argument was that he wasn't a TE, that he was a WR, but he self-identified as a TE as evidenced by his social media. Had he put TE-WR or whatever on there, they couldn't have used that against him and odds are, his people would have tried to use that as evidence to support their claim.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The example from real life is that someone was going to court saying that they feared for their life because someone was threatening them while at the same time their social media status update about the subject said that they were "amused" by the situation (among other vulgar things). The judge ruled against the "amused" party and saddled them with all of the court costs as a result of wasting her time. If you are trying to make a case in court, it's best not to have statements to the contrary out there in print.

15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Yet another reason to STAY THE **** OFF OF TWITTER!!!

16. Remii

Remii Member

I'm assuming since this is sports court and not a criminal or civil case what Jimmy puts on his Twitter account probably wouldn't have mattered. His emotional mind state is of no consequence.

3-4 OLB's deal with the same thing because you have some who produce just as much as a 4-3 DE's (or more production) but their on a lower pay scale than 4-3 DE's. Jimmy isn't the 1st and arbitrators will keep ruling in the team's favor until the players can make changes in the CBA.

17. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

This deal sucks for Graham. If the Saints had let him walk, he would have got considerably more money in the open market than a traditional TE, and everybody involved knows it. Probably not as much as a top-notch outside WR, but somewhere in the 9 mil/year range. The Saints' position is illogical, because hypothetically, they're saying they could line up Graham in the slot for every snap, call him a TE, and still give him TE money. Of course, Graham would fight that and win, but that's the Saints' postion.

The most logical solution is to designate a new position(call it a joker or a hybrid, or whatever) and put the tag number somewhere around 8-9 million. This issue will probably come up sometime in a few years with other positions, such as 3-4 OLB, but cross that bridge when you get there.

Eric Ebron and the other young jokers around the league should be treating Graham to footrubs and fine wine, because they will likely benefit greatly from this down the road.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The arbitrator was an NFL shill. The answer is simple. You figure Graham's pay per snap if he was a WR, then find his pay per snap at TE - then assign that rate to each snap depending on where he lined up.

Instead, y'all bozos and John McClain want to add Twitter to the constitution.

Based on this, if I'm a GM, every single rookie I ever draft will be assigned the position of long snapper, then I'll just play the bozo wherever I want and franchise the good ones when the time comes. Franchise them as a long snapper. I'll be sure myteamname.com puts their position (long snapper) on their player profiles.

Go pray to Twitter.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is Ziggy actually Jimmy Graham or something? He seems really butthurt about this.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a relative or something, he's not being very rational about this.