1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Fans confront Schaub at his home

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 8, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Considering that I dont like this guy....This is definitely not a good thing...We all still have to keep the perspective that this is only a game....and no player should ever have his or his family's safety in concern. Period.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/08/texans-fans-berate-matt-schaub/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub was confronted by angry fans who went to his residence and berated him for his recent poor play, reports CBS Houston.

No arrests were made and Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt in the incident.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook.
    The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.
    Schaub has thrown an interception that was run back for a touchdown in an NFL-record four straight games.​

Schaub has completed 64 percent of his passes for 1,366 yards with eight touchdowns and nine interceptions for the Texans (2-3) this season.

He is in the second year of a five-year, $66.15 million contract that he signed last season.​

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm embarrassed for the Texans fan base.

3. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

this is wayyyy too much

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Probably Indians

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wow, I'm just as pissed off as anyone about his play but this is crossing the line.

I feel bad for his family

6. Gil

Gil Member

Disgraceful.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

True losers.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

They should get a visit from HPD or given a trespassing citation or something. It's one thing to boo him at work where it's part of his job to deal with criticism, but let the man and his family live their private lives freely.

9. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Thats terrible. I hope turn things around for his sake. Last game marked the game I was officially done with him and off his bandwagon.

10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

****ing disgraceful.

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Schaub sucks bolas but this is uncalled for

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Football attracts the dregs of society

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

stay classy texans fans.

signed,
    guy who poured beer on David Carr's wife.

14. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

At the end of the day, it is a game. That right there is crossing the line and that is truly a disgrace that one would do that. Stupid "fans" right there.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Jeff Alm notwithstanding, every pro athlete should have a shotgun.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Totally unacceptable. Should be arrested for trespassing. Boo at the game if you want, you paid for a ticket, it is your option. Going to a players home is out of bounds.

17. thejav

thejav Member

heard this on 610 on the way home..some people just shouldn't be allowed to live.. just pathetic..they are lucky schaub doesn't live in my neighborhood..they would have been shot..

18. Nook

Nook Member

Going to his house isn't going to make him play better. He has enough to worry about as it is, adding his personal safety and the safety of his family only makes him more likely to **** the bed.

19. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

Going too far now