1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basketball cards that I'm looking for

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Aug 27, 2002.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Come on people, help me out.

Looking for a Cuttino Mobley 98-99 Skybox Ruby Rookie numbered to 25.

Eddie Griffin Ultimate Collection Auto Jersey Rookie numbered to 25.

Anyone have those? :(

I would be willing to trade the following:

Steve Francis PSA 10 Finest Gold Refractor Rookie
    Eddie Griffin SPX Auto Jersey Rookie
    Cuttino Mobley PSA 9 Gold Encore Rookie
    I also have alot of other Rockets stuff.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Nope. I've got nothing.

I can't find a Mobley autographed card on e-bay anywhere. Would like one tho'. I just picked up a Cynthia Cooper signed card which was hard for me to find as well.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1853951278">Here's One</a> - Though I've never heard of the brand.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

wow. pretty good job. Thanks! I kept looking but nothing popped up for me. The guy is also selling a bryce drew rookie which nobody will want.

5. R0ckets03

Mobley auto's are rather easy to find. I see ArtV found you one. The Mobley I'm looking for is a parallel of his Skybox from the rookie year. There are only 25 of those made.

You going rather crazy on ebay the last two months arent you PhiSlammaJamma. You try to collect all autographs or what? I have some cool Rockets stuff that is autograph if you are interested. I also have some rookies that I will soon list on ebay. Here are just a few auctions I'm running right now if anyone is interested:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...ed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

7. R0ckets03

I already have that one. Purchased it a couple of months ago. I am actually willing to trade that one and something else for this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1853252705

[​IMG]

I even bid on it. I entered the wrong amount like a dumb ass and lost the auction at the last second. :( :(

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

9. PhiSlammaJamma

:) Yepper. I've been a busy boy on e-bay lately. But that's gonna stop. One time only shopping. Had to pick up a few cards I've been craving. Then I saw some more I wanted. Then more. And so on. But It's time to put a cap in it. Just a few more to go :)

I just crossed off Eddie George, Cynthia Cooper, and Yao Ming.

All I need now is:
    Mobley
    Jackie Robinson
    Red Grange
    Earl Campbell
    Sheryl Swoopes
    Bill Russell

And then I should be done. Let's hope!

10. R0ckets03

What or who exactly are you trying to collect though. I see that you collect baseball, football, and basketball. Do you just collect cards or other memorabilia as well?

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Right now I just collect the autographed cards. That's pretty much it. I'm trying to collect one of each Houston superstar and then I collect the HOF"s from every sport that are at the top the list. For example, I will collect Willie Mays autograph card, but not Mike Schmidt. I'll collect Magic johnson, but not James Worthy. I'll collect Jerry Rice, but not Steve Largent. Anyone that is a legend I will go after. It has to be an authenticated card of some sort. I don't care about grading although it can sometimes help. I usually only want one card oif each player. That's enuff for me.

For hockey I'll collect Wayne Gretzsky. For Golf Tiger Woods and Jack nicklaus. I'd also like to get something with Carl Lewis but haven't found any cards. Soccer Pele and Rinaldo. I have none of those cards either. They should be on my list.

In particular I noticed I tend to like the SP cards, Dual signatures, triple signatures, and legendary cuts.

I go on feel. If I like the look of the card I'll get it. Most of the Bonds cards are ugly, so I've had a tough time finding a card I like of him, but I found one yesterday.

12. R0ckets03

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Oh man. That would have been nice. Seems like a good price too.