1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown - Best LT in the NFL

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mashing, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Mashing

Mashing Member

This guy doesn't get enough love. I got to thinking when they said on the broadcast that he hadn't had a holding penalty since 2008 I just had to stop and ponder how dominate he's been. On a trajectory for the HoF if you ask me. We're blessed to have a lineman as good as he and I can only hope he stays healthy.

Duane Brown = Beast

1 person likes this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I would like to see JJ and Duane do a trench fight.

Best linemen in the game.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i'm pretty sure he was called for a holding before........

but with my memory, anything could happened in the past

1 person likes this.
  4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Up until this season I would agree. I think he had a ridiculous stat in years past where he hadn't given up a sack in 2 seasons also. I have seen beat at least 3 times just this year for sacks leaving me going :confused:

5. Mashing

Mashing Member

I don't know if he was or not. I'm just going by what they said on the broadcast (and they have people in the trucks to look up obscure stats like that).

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I was reading your sig and decided to rep you:)

7. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

i wish we had 4 duane browns with myers still at center, i remember us bashing duane during his first two years, he has been dominate these past years

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

did we bashed brown that harsh? :confused:

probably because the whole o-line sucked

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I don't know about under-appreciated. Most think he's one of if not THE best LT in the game. The Texans agree with that fat extension they gave him, I'm glad he's locked up for while.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Right now the only other name I can think of that compares to Brown is Ryan Clady. But this is among players on teams that I would watch. i.e. I have no clue where a guy like Joe Thomas rank since he plays for the freaking Browns.

11. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

How would you guys know hes the best?? Do you guys film other teams with the Best LT? He's in the top 5 that's for sure.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Well a couple games ago, he has gave up his first sack since 2010. He has not had a holding call against him in years. He never gets false start penalties IIRC. He is a mauler on the run game and quick enough to get 10 yards out for screens and stretch run plays. Thats why the left side of our line has a much greater YPC than the right side. This dude is amazing.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, credit Rick Smith and/or Alex Smith for that late round pick which has developed into one of the best LTs in the league.

Heard him on the radio a week or so ago and he sounded like one of the most professional and level headed players I've ever heard. He's come a long way from the kid he used to be and I'm give him my Pro Bowl vote in nearly every time I vote.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

FIFY.

Duane gave up a pity sack to Mario I believe in the Buffalo game. Aside from that nothing comes to mind.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He had a really bad game against GB(had a hard time with Matthews..but then again...everyone on the OL did) but overall another solid year...

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

He got owned a few games ago, I forget against who but that's going to happen. We still won the game. He is definitely one of the best.

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I heard on the radio this morning that ProFootballFocus gave Duane Brown the highest rating ever for a LT for what he did against the Lions. I couldn't help but pay close attention to him during the game and he was absolutely road grading people.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was Derek Newton that gave up the sack to Mario. Duane has given up a sack or two this season but for the most part he has been his usual dominant self.

19. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And they traded down to get him!.....amazing!

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's been a top 3 LTs for a while now. Glad to see him get his credit