1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Children See, Children Do

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yonkers, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Pretty powerful video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SJF50kwwRJE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SJF50kwwRJE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  2. aghast

aghast Member

This video seems to pretend that children are born innocent, and that adults and the world around them corrupt them.

I remember my childhood: my fellow children were evil little cusses. Purposefully tripping others, pulling hair, starting fights. Deceitful above all else, about even petty topics.

Just to say: I have far less bruises walking around as an adult.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were you the fat kid?

Awkward stage...

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Children are born innocent. They are influenced by the media, other kids, and their parents ultimately.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

cool clip.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

REP+ for that video. It surely told me what I already know, but I did need to see it again. :eek: Thank you, Yonkers.
    I believe you only got to see your fellow children from the time after they had lived with adults. They weren't innocent by then, sir. I think what you're saying is that when the world corrupts them, it's very difficult to turn them back, but it CAN be done.

Children are innocent. They are what they learn.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So does this mean I need to cut back on the internet p*rn?

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

british/canadian PSA ftw

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=5430343841227974645&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Whoa there cowboy!!! Let's not go off killing everyone's first born male now.

11. aghast

aghast Member

No, to borrow Moe's theme, I've always been preternaturally ripped.

Not saying I wasn't also mean, as I was also once a child.

I've just never been one to subscribe to childhood = innocence idea.

The third-graders I was around used to hold out their legs, hoping the teacher / other children would trip over them and hurt themselves. Routinely; they thought it was funny. And lie; always, such terrible liars.

I think society reforms the natural selfishness out of children. It doesn't corrupt them: it teaches them to restrain their basest instincts.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:confused:
    How is this a 'powerful' video?

The director just made some adult do something and told the kid to imitate them. If it was something real-life it would actually be something,but it's all scripted. It's kind of dumb actually...we all know kids take lessons from their parents...is this actually news to someone? If so, good god...

1 person likes this.
  13. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWow42TCwzg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWow42TCwzg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a sad video. Not really inspirational, but alerts you of our justice system. Gets me everytime. :(

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yeah. You're right. America's Funniest Home Videos are so much more powerful than scripted crap like Shawshank Redemption, Raging Bull, and My Life starring Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman.

15. joesr

joesr Member

those same kids saw their dad tripping your dad their mom pulling your moms hair.

its not pretending anything dude, Its saying lead by example.

16. joesr

joesr Member

Even though I've seen this before I still had to watch it again and yeah I'll admit I teared up. On one side of a fathers view I would want that parole to be granted. /sigh

17. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I seldom Rep, but you just got one for speaking out.

Next thing you know, they will make a powerful film about obesity
    Oh wait, I guess they already did. :p

18. cson

cson Contributing Member

Wow life sucks. Thanks for sharing.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly the message of that video is that the English shouldn't have kids. ;)

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video reminded me a lot of this video.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/seofMfK-Oo8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/seofMfK-Oo8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I guess no one should have kids.. :(