1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This new trade makes NO SENSE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Alright so If we really wanted Greene why didn't we just draft him at 25 and take Dorsey at 54? Did we want Dorsey that badly?

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Well we know they obviously didn't want CDR since they could have easily got him too. :p

I'm somewhat worried about Greene, hopefully he isn't a bust because he has alot of potential.

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Guessing that the Rockets thought Dorsey wouldn't be around then, and that Batum was just good trade bait...but then I think he's good trade bait then just keep him, damn.

4. chestr

chestr Member

cockblock san antonio from getting batum? dont we still have the 54th pick in our possession?

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Probably because they didn't think Dorsey would be available.

Really though, you might as well wait a couple days to figure it all out, there seems to be a lot of movements and trades going on.

6. Omer

Omer Member

Just wanted to screw over the Spurs, that's how we do...2 years in a row.

7. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

portland wanted batum all along. they knew san antonio was going to take him. they told houston to take him for an early 2nd round pick. 33rd, and they took joey dorsey for houston.

memphis wanted darrel arthur. houston wanted donte green all along, but wanted to get him for better value, not at 25 straight up. memphis drafts donte green, sends him to houston. houston sends batum to portland. portland sends 33rd pick to houston, and darrel arthur to memphis. houston sends 54th pick to someone else, i'm guessing memphis.

portland gets who they wanted in batum by cockblocking san antonio.

houston gets donte green for better value, and essentially moves up 21 spots in the 2nd round to get dorsey.

memphis gets darrel arthur and an additional 2nd round pick.

that's what happened pretty much, except that i can't be too sure what's happening with that 54th pick..

8. mic

mic Contributing Member

I'm so confused...

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Agreed. Thought we are in win-now! mode.
    Greene wouldn't be of help any time soon. Why Dorsey? Is Landry gone?

10. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Dorsey was drafted at 33, why do you think he would have been around at 54.

Unless Im missing something, it seems the Rox basically turned the 25 and 54 pick into the 28 and 33 pick and they may get a 09 second rounder as well if the reports are true.

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

LOL I agree, that would be the only reason I can think of.

And the 54th pick would go to Portland if this trade becomes official

12. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

If Chewbacca lives on Endor then you must acquit!

13. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

No we traded it away

14. grednotto

grednotto Member

I think batum and greene are redundant. why not just keep batum more athletic and ceiling higher. Greene kind of scares me. he supposely has horrible shot selection and i cant see how it would get better watching T-mac jack em up.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

and apparently we get an 09 2nd rounder from memphis.

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well Morey did say we needed to get bigger. So besides two 7 footers at center we got a bunch of short players at SF and PF. Not sure how drafting these two guys helps us in anyway though. More likely to follow in the footsteps of Bryce Drew.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

It was Pritchard working his draft mojo. He got who his "golden gut" wanted.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Getting Dorsey was a waste. But if he makes the team, what do we need Chuck Hayes for?

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess the talent wasn't there, but it's looks like we'll have more point guard woes and Tmac grinding himself down to oblivion by handling the ball too much.

20. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Because Chuck Hayes is proven, as low as his ceiling is. Whereas Dorsey is not.

Unless Dorsey can somehow show that he has a little more offensive game than Chuck, I'd take proven over rookie.

Unless of course Les wants to dump that 1 million odd on Hayes' contract and replace him with a rookie.