1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FBB Free Agency

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SteveFrancis3, Jun 10, 2002.

1. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I'll post some stuff from the help index of the game, so that I don't have to type it out :)

Free Agency Period: The Free Agency Period consists of five days of contract offers and signings. During the first four days, players will evaluate their offers and decide whether or not any of the offers are worth signing. On the final day, the players will always accept what they rate as their best offer.

Salary Cap

Fast Break Basketball 2001 uses a Salary Cap on team salaries. The purpose of a salary cap is to prevent certain teams from signing every player that they want with no regard to salary. The league salary cap is currently set at $52,500,000.

There are some exceptions to the salary cap:

*A team can always offer a player who played for their team the previous season a contract starting with at 120% of the salary the player made the previous season. The player may receive up to a 10% raise each year in the contract.

*Each team has a mid-exception and a low-exception that it can offer players. The mid-exception is a one-season contract for $4,500,000. The low exception is a one-season contract for $1,200,000.

*If a player has gone three full seasons without changing teams via free agency, they are considered to have Bird Rights. A player with Bird Rights may be resigned by his previous team without any restriction from the salary cap. The number of seasons a player has gone without changing teams via free agency is reflected in their Bird Years.

Player Contract Rules

How much a player can be offerered by a team is determined by a number of rules.

If a player is signing with a new team:

1) The contract can be for up to 6 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The maximum value of the first year of the contract is the smaller of the amount of cap room the team has and the maximum salary the player can receive based up his experience in the league(see table below).

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has less than bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 6 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The player can receive the larger of the team's salary cap room(up to the maximum salary) and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

Teams over the salary cap also may offer a player one of their two salary cap exceptions:

1) Mid Exception - one-year offer of $4,500,000

2) Low Exception - one-year offer of $1,200,000

Each exception may only be used once per season.

Bird Years:

Bird years are the number of seasons a player has gone without changing teams via free agency. When a player is traded, he maintains his bird years.

Salary based on experience:

Exp Min Max
    0 $332,817 $10,625,000
    1 $465,850 $10,625,000
    2 $540,850 $10,625,000
    3 $565,850 $10,625,000
    4 $590,850 $10,625,000
    5 $653,350 $10,625,000
    6 $715,850 $10,625,000
    7 $778,350 $12,750,000
    8 $840,850 $12,750,000
    9 $965,850 $12,750,000
    10+ $1,000,000 $14,875,000

2. SteveFrancis3

So anyways, now that you've been confused by all of that, email in those Free Agent bids to SteveFrancis0003@yahoo.com whenever you get the chance. The deadline for free agent bids is the date on which I will be simming free agency in chat, Thursday at around 8:00 pm cst.

3. mduke

mduke Member

wow. sf3, did you get my FA email?

4. SteveFrancis3

Yep, just checked and it's there. And about your question: yeah, it is fine. But note it one of those guys takes the exception first, then the offer with that exception is no longer on the table to the other guys you offered it to.

5. mduke

mduke Member

that's fine, as long as I get 1 of them with each exception, i'll be happy...

6. german rocketfan

I'm Cologne Thursday and come back at 8:30 pm ct,could you please wait with Free Agency til i'm there!!!It would be very cool!

Thx GRF

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

get ya ass in chat, boy! :D ;)

8. SteveFrancis3

Very sorry to all those who were there tonight for Free Agency. My internet provider decided to pick this ideal time to mess up and I couldn't get on in the morning of 6/11 and all day 6/12, and all day 6/13 until just an hour ago.

So I guess we will have to reschedule. From those that were still in chat, Sunday seems to be the best day. So Sunday at 8:00 pm cst will be the new date for FA.

Once again very sorry to those that were there waiting tonight at 8.

9. SteveFrancis3

Magic and Rockets both still need 1 player to have the roster minimum of 12 players. So after they each choose someone, remaining FA's are available first come, first serve if you have roster space and want any of those great players.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Actually I believe the magic already has 12 players sf3, but I sent an email cuz there's still a couple of players I wouldn't mind adding to my roster.

11. SteveFrancis3

Whoops, so you do. It is just the Rockets that need 1 more guy now then.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Pacers would like to claim free agent Matt Bullard pending he is not signed by one of the teams needing to fill roster space.

13. Heath

Heath Member

Rockets fill up their roster and welcomes back Fabien Peeler. (This is me signing him to a 1 year deal after drafting him) ;)

I also would like to claim Nolan Donovan to have a 3rd string C too.

14. Heath

Heath Member

Castor - rot in hell ;)

With Donovan gone, give me Holloway instead. AND He better be there.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd like to sign Bullard now if I can.

16. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Pistons would like to cut SF Jordan Fisher to sign SG AJ Guyton.

17. SteveFrancis3

Sorry, but Guyton was signed a few sims ago when teams that didn't have enough players were picking up some guys. Re-updated the FA's again.

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to cut Yao Ming and sign Ming Yao - they are similar except Ming Yao has an outside shot and good hands, unlike the guy on my roster.

Salaries should be the same. Thanks.