1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Outsiders who still continue to rag on Harden's defense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ryandoc, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Just curious...
    How do YOU respond to those who say that Harden is still the worse defender in the league? Most likely, these people haven't watched this season and are basing their opinions from last season. Your thoughts?

2. Raven

Raven Member

I don't give a #### most of the time to respond. They are either lazy axe grinding journalist, trolls, or idiots. Do you really think anything you say would make a difference to any of them? In the end, all that matters is playoff wins. That's it.

3. baubo

baubo Member

Perception always fall behind reality. It took several years before people realized the Spurs no longer played ugly ball but rather a very beautiful offense. I bet you today if you ask a casual fan whether the Warriors have a better offense or defense, most would say offense despite the Warriors defense being their better side for over a year.

If you expect perception to catch up with reality in just a month, it’s not going to happen. Just enjoy the season.

4. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Absolutely not. This is a hypothetical. Just wondering what members on here would say

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I just laugh because I know they clearly haven't watched the Rockets play this year.

I will say though it is pretty upsetting to see "journalists" who write pieces on players they haven't watched play.

6. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I just got back from seeing Hannibal Burress at house of Blues and he made a joke about hardens defense... I must've been the only clutch fan I the building cuz I shouted NO!.... But he's a comedian and clearly hasn't watched the rockets this year... No big deal. Good show... As harden keeps it up... Jokes will disappear.

7. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

A Harden defensive highlights video will fix the problem.

8. bmd

bmd Member

I immediately dismiss what they say because it's obvious they are speaking on something they don't know anything about.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Right. And Agent Zero is still the best pure scorer."

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If anyone cares enough, they have plenty to draw from this season.

11. Cypress

Cypress Member

**** em' **** em' all.

12. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I would love to do one, I had a lot of fun making my D12 mix...But I've got College Apps and Scholarship Apps etc. to deal with at the moment :( ...Maybe during the Holiday break

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

most people dont know **** about boxing

14. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

That would be stellar, Buzzlite!

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I frequently watch the other team's broadcast after our game to get different perspectives. After 3 or 4 games you don't hear anything about how bad his defense is. They all say the same thing, he knew he was weak on defense, he made a commitment to the defensive end and he's playing stellar defense this year.

I heard an ESPN guy mention that he was first in the league in defensive win shares. I just don't hear about his bad defense anymore.

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I want to not care when I see yet another article commenting on how he is overrated/one-dimensional/inferior to _________, but usually I just can't. The thing that drives me craziest about his James Haren legacy is that every time one of those jokers brings it up, it just perpetuates the myth further. This is what makes me bonkers...knowing I will have to hear about it that much longer.

The reality is that James is now consistently playing as a competent defender. He isn't nearly as bad as national folks say, and he isn't nearly as good as Bill Worrell, Clyde Drexler, and Matt Bullard say he is. I think it was Drexler last night who said that he could be 1st-team all-defense. That is clearly ludicrous, but it is no more ludicrous than the dopes who say that he is the worst defensive player in the NBA.

WATCH THE GAMES!

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hard to argue w/ him leading the league in defensive win shares. Haven't found anyone who can counter that one yet. Usually leads to, "Oh. Well.... I mean, I haven't really watched y'all this year, but he was terrible last season!"

18. HookemHorns1250

Eh, it doesn't bother me. All I care about is what I see on the court myself, and it's Harden stepping up his game on the defensive side of the ball.

If people outside the Houston area want to talk down about his defense, let them.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Have they seen Kyrie or Curry? Kyrie was actually named a worst deference than Harden last year too. But neither of those guys are neither good nor talented at defense.

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

curry has been a way better defender this year, instead of getting bullied he now just funnels his man to bogut all game, basically what harden tried to do last year but better at it because of his lateral quickness

1 person likes this.