1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1560 Audio - Gersson Rosas - Rockets Dir. of player personnel - on everything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puff, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Puff

Puff Member

Hey guys,

Gersson joined us today and spoke about David Andersen, Summer League, T-Mac, Yao and Ariza... Please check it out:

<div>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/ezda59/GerssonRosas71509.mp3&autoStart=no" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/ezda59/GerssonRosas71509.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
    </object>
    <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
    </div>

4 people like this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

3. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

love this station

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Double Rods Sir!

5. Puff

Puff Member

Double rods guys... Thanks for the support...

6. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Recap, anyone?

7. the1option

the1option Member

T-mac is motivated...he has to be...

1 person likes this.
  8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Well he doesn't have to be, but he would be an idiot not to be. Top players who are not young are getting MLE type money if lucky. Tmac would have to play at an MVP level to compete with the MAx money that Lebron, Wade, Bosh and others will command. He is a talent when healthy. So I expect him to do come back strong and do whatever asked. Anything less would be basketball suicide for him.

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Last career contract for TMac. If he plays at all-star level, he can still command 10m/year for a few more years.

10. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Do you think the Rockets would pay that for another lets say 3 year deal?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great, I love 1560, need to call in more often.

I miss my song.

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. tobepg

tobepg Member

If we can not acquire Lebron, Wade or other all-star level wing player, say Hamilton, I think they would offer him a contract, but much cheaper than last one. 12M for 3 to 5 years is still ok, I assume.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

T-Mac is eligible for about $24mil for the first year of his new contract,(105% of previous year).

The other max players are all cheaper, because their current max contracts are lower.

14. sbyang

sbyang Member

3 years? Hell no, We can do a one year deal with a partial guarantee for a 2nd year.

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Puff, can you guys put sneakers on the gerbils while they are on the treadmill powering up your station. Maybe that will eliminate all the static on 1560.

Seriously, you guys have the best staff in Houston right now, it's just real hard trying to tune in and listen with the poor sound quality. Is 1560 ever going to have a signal that competes with 610's signal because I would take them off my preset right now if you did. I'm sure there are more people that feel like I do.

16. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I agree. Not sure if I would even do the partial guarantee.

17. Puff

Puff Member

Thank you for the nice words. What part of town do you live in? What time do you normally listen? The reason I ask, if because before 7am our signal is not up and after 7pm it isn't either. But in the next couple of weeks, our nighttime signal should be up and running. It will give us 15K watts at night. A very strong signal.

Hit me up on email if you have any questions.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Will never happen, especially with the declining salary cap.