1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QB Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 14, 2014.

?

Starting QB next season game 1?

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Ryan Mallett

91 vote(s)
    69.5%
  3. Tom Savage

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Other (specify)

35 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. theimpossibles1

As of now, who would you like to see as starting quarterback at the beginning of next season?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

One of Mallet or Fitzpatrick will return, along with Savage (unless he is horrifically terrible the last 2 games) and a draft pick.

I hope the draft pick starts.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Mariota?

:)

4. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Mallet actually looked like he knew how to run the offense with tempo, which was something I haven't seen from Fitzpatrick or Savage. I think Mallet is our guy. There is no one in the draft where we are picking to be a difference maker at QB so we might as well get a replacement for AJ.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Mallet and trade for RGIII, let them compete for the starting job

6. conquistador#11

mallet definitely. just make him stop using the bench press machine. get your work out by draping an actress and a lingerie model on both arms.

btw, did it ever come out how he got injured?

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't know how many sexy running quarterbacks coming out of college and failing it will take for the NFL world and fans to realize that they simply do not last in this league. Especially those that don't make NFL throws consistently in college. I'm happy our coach seems to be smart enough to not be swayed by that. Oh, but one in every twenty succeeds for five years or so, you say?

Give me Mallett and Savage. Build the team around them. Give me a Cooper or a stud d-lineman and a Scooby Wright and it will do wonders for this team.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Mallet is a FA so he will have to be signed first before you can pencil him as the opening day starter.

If Fitzpatrick stays, he will the #2 quarterback, having beaten out Savage in TC.

9. MystikArkitect

Mallett and a QB in the 2nd. Take best ILB available with first and sign CB to replace J Jo or WR to replace Dre.

Pray Foster has two more years but Blue looks like a solid replacement. Hope Clowney can return by week 4 and that Nix actually wants to play football for a living.

Actually excited about next season but with Smith at the helm you never know.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

I remember once he found out he was going to start he said something about hitting the weight room, I think he just overdid it.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope Jameis falls to us

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why? So he can keep falling? There's literally zero chance that McNair goes for a crab stealing, point shaving, rapist of a QB. It just won't ever happen. The Texans aren't the Raiders or Jets no matter how much anyone wants them to be.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hi bisque, low reward.

1 person likes this.
  14. what

what Member

There is zero chance that Jameis falls to ya'll. Sorry. Either the Jets or Titans are going to name him.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And those are absolutely two franchises that would take a QB like that.....but don't the titans have their franchise QB with Zach "selfie" Mettenberger?

16. showa13

showa13 Member

Not Hoyer, not Mariotta. I'd take Jameis or Hundley if they miraculously fall but I doubt it. I feel like we take a QB in the first 3 rounds and roll with Mallett to start the season

17. what

what Member

No they don't.

You guys had your chance at a franchise qb and felt it was more important to plug in other holes.

To me it was an utter blunder that the texans thought they could outwit the draft and now you guys may not get a chance at a franchise qb for a very long time.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....there wasn't one available. You don't draft a QB with the first pick just to draft a QB with the first pick.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

LOL, and who is this so called franchise qb the Texans missed out on this year?

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Its funny because Mettenberger committed one of the same crimes as Winston.