1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The last 2 drafts have produced only Hopkins, Blue, Hal (special teams) and Pagan (has been solid when he has been in)

I don't blame him for drafting Clowney. Clowney when he has played has been sacrificed to elite LT like Joe Thomas, Michael Roos, and Trent Williams.

Watt didn't do much until 9-10 games into the season, and he didn't have to go against players of those caliber. Clowney was also considered raw in terms of pass rush coming into the league. There have also been several moments he has been very close to sacking the QB this season. The talent is there, he just needs time to figure it out.

I also give him a pass for Quessenberry, From what I've read, he was playing very well in practice etc.. but then cancer.

Swearinger has had flashes early on in the season, but hasn't shown much.

If even 2 more players from these last 2 drafts showed up, Texans could've been in a much better state.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you're right, for some reason i thought deandre was 2012 and mercilus was 2013.

deandre was a nice grab, but the obvious selection.

after deandre, there's nothing. Swag is a horrible safety, and we can't count Chris Jones because Rick cut him.

BTW, rick already has a "capologist"...

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Raiders say hi lol

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

It just can't be "bad luck" with him anymore. How long did it take before we addressed the #2 receiver role here. Who the hell signs Cushing after a season ending injury to have another that same year, Schaub after one game of the 2012 season, himself coming of season ending injury, Coach Ed Reed, a wasted 2013 draft class, dont forget the mediocre 3rd rounds and below since hes been here, and of yeah 2014 draft. Sure how was he to know the injuries were going to plague them again but what he risked too much on them. McNair held everyone accountable last year except this guy. This is a franchise whose Super Bowl window closed as fast as it opened and we have yet to establish an identity. A change HAS to happen this offseason barring what happens from here on then.

5. Summer Song Giver

Rick does what Mcnair(s) want him to do; what more do you need to know. New guy in and it will be the same old story.

It's their toy (the franchise) and we're all just stuck with it and their horrible mismanagement of it all.

Personally I hope Old Man Mcnair gets hemorrhoids and Cal gets stuck applying the ointment. They wouldn't know good football if it good football whipped it out and slapped them across the forehead with it.

6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

He ain't going nowhere
    Yall know that

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would call him the
    BAD LUCK CHARM but hell . . .the bad luck predates him

Rocket River

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sounds right.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I think Reliant, NRG area is bad luck in general, the Stros, Astroworld, Oilers..something is up with that land