1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac's Elbow Still isn't Right

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 21, 2007.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5319073.html

This worries me. A couple days ago, he said "no pain", just some discomfort. Now he says there is some pain.

Am I overreacting?

2. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

I don't recall him saying no pain. Just no pain when he shot.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Nah, he clearly said he had no pain and then went on to say something like "my back going out...now that's pain."

Not sure how much of a concern it should be, but this is definitely not congruent with what he was saying a couple of days ago.

4. dram1

dram1 Member

This is his way of showing everyone that he is a warrior and can battle through the pain. He is creating a little drama to answer the "TMac is soft" theories ou there.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Well, he said there was no pain when he hadn't gone through two practices yet. Obviously, it will be sore after using it so much. I'm not too worried. If the doctors think he can play and that it won't ruin his elbow, then I'm ok with that. It's just a strain, it will go away with time, maybe he should just rehab a bit in his house or something

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

isn't there a slight tear in the ligament?

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't want to overreact either but I really hate the idea of jeopardizing his health and making this problem worse. Oh well, I guess that's why the team doctors get paid the big bucks and make the big decisions.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I heard this also... maybe he should let it heal before jumping back into action

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They're micro-tears that are typical in a strain. Nothing to be worried about.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he's clearly exaggerating it. the doctors said the elbow can heal even if he plays.

obviously he's NOT going to feel right b/c he's going to feel uncomfortable wearing a sleeve and playing with it on his shooting hand. but he's ok.

obviously he wants us to feel like he's a "warrior."

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

"microtears" that occur in EVERY strain/sprain. these kind of tears can heal themselves even if you play through them. so it's not a problem.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Stop the drama already. Either play or dont play.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

14. yobod

yobod Member

Ligaments don't heal themselves. The only way to repair a torn ligament is surgery, so typically, if it's a slight tear, they just leave it alone. It doesn't affect your motion unless it's more than slight.

15. watashi315

watashi315 Member

It's one thing to act like a warrior, it's another when you're putting your season and the team in jeopardy when playing before an injury completely heals. This is your shooting arm for crying out loud!!!

16. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Chalk it up to Mac being Mac. He's a drama queen and wants the accolades he could get for "playing hurt." We all see it for what it is.

He'll probably grimace a few times for the camera too, most likely right after he scores when he knows the spotlight's on him.

17. A00man

A00man Member

Nope, it can't possibly be bothering him in reality. It's just T-Mac creating drama.

In other news, Jordan has the flu, scores 40 something in the finals, collapses on Pippen after the game, and is proclaimed as a hero. No drama there ofcourse. Only T-Mac creates drama in the NBA. :rolleyes:

18. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Wow, that's REALLY taken out of context. There's a lot of drama queens in the NBA...I never said he was the only one. But if you've watched the guy over the past few years...we all know it's an over-exaggeration.

He said he could've played against Phoenix...and now all of a sudden he's saying this stuff days later?

Come on.

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

no you are not overreacting

tracy is quite the wuss when it come to injuries, they should just shut him down, this season is over anyway, he'll play a game or two and then he'll be out again, they should have traded for kobe, i can't stand him, but tracy is too injury prone

20. rocketsmetalspd

I have noticed that T-Mac does grimace and walks gingerly when he is having a bad game or is playing an elite player or team. Too much Drama in T-Mac. If the injury is more serious that at first thought don't what the Rockets will do to replace him if need be.