1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 1st (2nd) round picks could these Rockets players fetch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

On Woj's Morey interview podcast Morey said that up to 20 teams could be looking to move 1st round picks in the draft.

J.R.'s transcription

Hypothetically, how high of a 1st round pick (or 2nd round) could each player potentially fetch? You can give ranges if need be.

Clint Capela
    Trevor Ariza
    Patrick Beverley
    Corey Brewer
    KJ McDaniels
    Montrezl Harrell
    Sam Dekker

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Capela - Late 1st
    Ariza - Mid - Late 1st
    Beverly - Late 1st
    Brewer - Future 2nd
    KJ - Late 1st
    Harrell - early 2nd
    Dekker - early - mid 2nd

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I could see Morey moving Ariza for a 1st round pick and then replace him with a FA like Jared Dudley or if they go all in with someone like Batum.

I am not for/against moving Ariza, but he might be able to net a nice young prospect and at the same time have the benefit of FA to replace most of Ariza's talents on the roster.

Timothe Luwawu might be available in that 10/20 range as someone the Rockets could be interested in. Just throwing out some ideas.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Clint Capela - Mid-late lottery
    Trevor Ariza - late teens
    Patrick Beverley - mid-late 20s
    Corey Brewer - Would cost a pick in the early 20s to move
    KJ McDaniels - late first/early second
    Montrezl Harrell - late first/early second
    Sam Dekker - mid-late second

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo:

Capela - top 10

Ariza - 10/20

Beverley - 15/25 (Pat has a better contract than Ariza and he's younger, but he's not starter material in 28 teams right now since he needs a player like Harden or Lebron to avoid being exposed as a poor passer/pg in general etc...)

Brewer - 30/45

McDaniels - 20/35

Harrell - 30/35

Dekker - 30/35

I'd also add D.Mo and Jones since they're both probably gone, Jones at least.

D.Mo - 10/20 (this is a big "?" for me though, i really don't know what to expect about his market value...but if someone does not see his back as bad as Detroit, i think he can still have a good value)

Jones - 40/60

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I agree with Capela, Brewer, Harrell, and Decker (what a horrible pick, but NM).

Maybe Ariza gets you a late #1. Really doubt Bev gets you a #1. KJ< seriously? You find someone willing to take KJ for a late #1 and I will take that GM out for dinner (and see if he'd also like a PG and SF).

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I know many people view Corey Brewer as a negative asset. Someone where a player or pick would have to be attached to him to move. But I think Morey could move Brewer for a small asset like a 2nd round pick. There are so many teams with cap space to burn. The 76ers want to add vets and have 800 2nd round picks. They could be a target.

But, if Brewer doesn't get moved, I bet he has a bounce back year in MDA's system and then Morey can "sell high."

8. hvic

hvic Member

I don't think we will be able to trade Dekker for any picks

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Clint Capela - 11th
    Trevor Ariza - 22nd
    Patrick Beverley - 35th
    Corey Brewer - 21st (we give)
    KJ McDaniels - 25th
    Montrezl Harrell - 18th
    Sam Dekker - 44th

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You might have to give a pick to get rid of him man, and pay that salary for year.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i would not trade him if not necessary. I think between our young guys, Dekker and Capela are the those to eventually keep because they have the chance to develop in a solid starter for us. Well, Capela is probably already our starter for next season...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clint Capela (mid-late first)
    Trevor Ariza (mid-late first)
    Patrick Beverley (late first-early second)
    Corey Brewer (second)
    KJ McDaniels (second)
    Montrezl Harrell (late first-early second)
    Sam Dekker (second)

Missing the playoffs & D-Mo trade looked good then, sure looks better now! :eek::mad:

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

I don't think you will get much.

Usually teams like the lottery ticket possibility of keeping their draft picks.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

This summer teams will throw 5/6x to scrubs easlily, chuckers like Waiters and JR Smith are probably going to sign 8/10x contracts, Brewer at 7x2 is not that bad, Jodie Meeks is getting paid the same by the Pistons...

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, but if you look at teams in the first round, from 8 to the end, the only team which is probably still in rebuilding mode is Denver, other teams are all looking to make the playoffs so, i think there're a lot of opportunities out there. A player like Ariza is probably well considered by teams like Sacramento, Chicago, Memphis...Beverley in Milwaukee make sense? Don't know, certainly not for a 10, but if you add D.Mo and ask back a 2nd maybe...

16. dje243

dje243 Member

Clint Capela - Mid 1st
    Trevor Ariza - Mid-Late 1st
    Patrick Beverley - Late 1st
    Corey Brewer - A bag of chinese hair
    KJ McDaniels - Early 2nd
    Montrezl Harrell - Early 2nd
    Sam Dekker - A "fun size" bag of skittles

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Capela -mid 1st
    Ariza -late 1st
    Beverly -late 1st
    Brew -would cost us a late 1st
    McDaniels -2nd
    Harrell -2nd
    Deker -2nd

18. malakas

malakas Member

as a Bucks fan I would give no.10 + one of the early second rounders for Capela + Beverly.
    No Sewer added.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't forget KJ is owned $3.3m per season for two more guaranteed years.

That is more than 3 times the salary of the 23rd pick in the draft. Much more than 3x for 2nd rounders.

Is he really that proven that others teams would pay him 3 times the salary of their draft pick?

So, I vote No. We cannot trade KJ for a draft pick because of his salary.

20. basketballholic

Wow, that's interesting. As a Rocket fan, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat, then try to merge that #10 pick with Ariza or some other asset to move up and nab Murray. If that didn't work I'd offer that pick and Ariza for Nerlens Noel. If that didn't work I'd trade it down for possibly 15 and 19 from Denver and I'd take Thon Maker with one of those picks and try to trade the other pick along with Brewer for a couple of Boston's seconds.

That clears out Ariza, Bev, and Bev's salaries able gives us a new first rounder to worth with along with a bunch of seconds and around $23 million of cap space so in case Dwight opts in it'll be like he's free and we've still got max cap space and moor to work with.

With the seconds load up on Brogden, Uthoff, Levert, and Bolomboy. Sign them to minimum salary 3 year deals using cap space. I'd trade one of those picks and a future second fir Richman Holmes too if I could.

Bring on that #10 pick now. Makes me angry though because Ole Nitwit sacrificed that #12 pick so we could take it up the keester for 5 numbing playoff games.