1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were the GM what would you do this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 27, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Hey Rockets fans! If you were Daryl morey what moves would u make in the offseason?
    First of all i would not bring back Terrence J, i would try to bring back dmo for 6 mill and i would look at sign and trade options with dwight. I would try to force dwight to sign with Orlando so we can work out a sign and trade. orlando will not give Aaron Gordon away so most likely we can work out a sign and trade where we send dwight to Orlando for the max and we recieve Vucevic in return. That is a 8 million dollar cut from dwights $20 mill salary. Vogel would love the idea of bringing a back to basket big guy the rest of the squad can pass the ball to and dwight can be the number one option on this team. That 8 million dollar cut plus the rise in cap space we still should be able to sign one more max contract that is where i believe we either sign Conley or Horford. The latter being the more likely. Horford would definately want to be the stretch 4. He would space the floor and hit threes. Vucevic would do the same with the ability to hit the mid range consistantly. Horford and Vucevic would honestly kill it on the PnR ik D'Antonis system. Even Phoenix never had 2 PnR guys like this. They had shaq and amare but shaq couldnt shoot outside the paint. This is the warriors offense with 2 bigs who can shoot. With the left over money i would sign either Ish Smith or Brandon Jennings. Its best to keep a shoot first PG with Harden in Jennings but Ish Smith has thrived under D'Antoni. I dont think Ish Smith will be cheap though because New York and Brooklyn need Point Guards and Ish will be chasing that first big contract. So as it lays it the cap is around 90 mill
    Vucevic-8 mill/capela-1 mil
    Horford-25 mill/montrez-2 mill/beasley-1 mill
    SF ariza-8 mill/brewer-7 mill/dekker-1 mil
    Harden-17 mill/KJ- 3 mill
    Beverley-6 mill/ jennings- 8 mil/terry 2 mil
    So if this happens our contracts are at about 89 million. If dmo leaves in restricted free agency it is very possible morey matches this time if he feels we are a contender and he is willing to be over the cap. Ariza and Brewer are going to stay on the squad because They are excellent corner three point shooters and fast break initiaters something u need in 7 second offense. The corner three is the best shot most of the time.

Let me know what you would do as GM also what do you think of my ideas?
    Thanks

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If I was Daryl I would step down and go somewhere where the owner let's me do my job.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

THIS!

The Morey bashers are always gonna hate, but with all the stupidity that Les forces on the team it's no wonder Morey can't win...

No tanking, get Lin back, Mchale extension, JBB, MDA... :(

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Quit my job and run for president

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure Morey would beat Donald Trump hands down. Still not too late. He can be a write-in third party candidate.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Evan Fournier, Keep DMo, try and get Batum and Conley.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

Quit and go to a owner who doesn't step on toes

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

a lot of self reflection

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Don't waste one second on Durant or other big names.

Bring in LLull.

Bring in Parsons.

Dump Howard.

Resign Motiejunas.

Don't know about filling out PF and C option.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Fishing, then looking for a better opportunity of a new GM job with a better owner.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Exercise.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Trade Corey Brewer and trade Ariza for a washing machine. Go after Mike Conley, and search for a hidden superstar player that no one has notice that will pan out later.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

^^^ Oh and BTW, sign Troy Daniels!

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Find a better job.

15. Mutombo

Mutombo Member

Try to get Steve Nash to come out of retirement.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Go clubbing with Harden!

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

If i where Morey i'd try to form a group and buy the Rockets -> fire D'Antoni (if he does not want to stay as an assistant) and hire Jeff with/or Silas and Hollins -> sign Horford and Whiteside -> bring in Llull and Gentile -> try to accumulate as many assets as possible to go after Paul George in 12/15 months.

"Jokes" aside, i think Morey (assuming he can still make his moves) should just try to do what he always does...try to bring in the best players/fits keeping an eye on trades and next free agency...i really think George should be number one in our list for the future, he would be perfect next to Harden, maybe even better than Durant as a fit, and i really think he will bolt the Pacers sooner or later.

18. StrawberryJamm

Recognize there is no path to a championship in 2017. Do NOT give role players the max. Trade brewer for anything, say bye to Dwight, Terry, Smith, and Jones, wish them luck. Already a better team, we are going to get a shocking amount of addition by subtraction. Match on Dmo if it's affordable and his back is ok. Be in on short term good deals for guys like Noah, Eric Gordon, and Jared Dudley nothing that would compromise 2017 cap room. Make the playoffs and do everything you can to make James Harden look like the one true king then swing for the fences in 2017 free agency.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the narrative that Morey has been undercut here is true.

As far as the record, Morey and Les picked D'Antoni.

But, if Morey did not want D'Antoni, or thinks he is the wrong choice, Morey should resign immediately.

DD

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Get off the buffet lines and get on the treadmill