1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump succumbs to shaming / bullying

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 1, 2016.

1. adoo

adoo Member

he did it at Tue's press conference, some ~ 5 mos after the fact, and after the shaming from WAPO and the media

thank you for corroborating that ur a mental midget; but i don't need the help !

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So you think the headline that one out of the 40 groups Trump donated millions of dollars to is a bad headline for him. OK.

The media just gave trump top billing to remind everyone (4 months after he skips the debate learn to count idiot) that he donated millions and YOU think it is a bad thing for Trump. I don't think you guys know how this all works.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The point of the story was how Trump did not write the checks until after he was badgered and hounded by the media. He now claims it took 4+ months because he was 'vetting the vets'. A simple Guidestar free account can have the vast majority of charities vetted in a matter of hours.

4. Bandwagoner

Did you remember that he raised millions for vets while at the same time avoiding a debate? I didn't. Now he got to remind everyone and list the charities while getting huge coverage. I think he scammed the media. He didn't even do a good job vetting them. I didn't know about the one FB brought up but another one has an F grade. Trump wants the coverage and he got it. I expect it to be brought up in another 4 months.

5. adoo

adoo Member

this warrants repeating.

thank you for corroborating, again, that ur a mental midget.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you don't think Trump lying about supporting a Veterans group is a bad headline for him, especially when added to his pattern of not giving money he supposedly already gave until after he's called for it? OK.

7. Bandwagoner

He has flipped the Washington Post's team of reporters into his publicity team. You are playing the role of useful idiot for both campaigns.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Of course I am.

9. Bandwagoner

Has your views on her server being safer than the secure one at the state dept, never being hacked, and her not being the target of the investigation changed now? Just curious. You ejected from that discussion a few weeks ago. Major hasn't repeated that BS for a while now either.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you honestly believe veterans are that stupid? Pretty much everyone I know who I served with understand that Trump is doing nothing more than pure pandering.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If the facts change, my views will change. We don't know that her server was hacked. My view from the get-go was that she was wrong to be using her own server, and that she should have been using state department servers.

I still read that thread. There has been the new report which makes Hillary look even worse than she did before, but since I already thought she was wrong before, I haven't had much to add. It's a lot of posts with only a little new coming out.

Meanwhile back in the topic at hand and Trump's bizarre use of veterans for his own gain. He came into the campaign talking about how any soldiers that were captured in a war couldn't be heroes and tossing that kind of disrespect out there.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Like a chicken****...
    [​IMG]

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is this dark magic you speak of??!! Does't thy not know we choose the conclusion and that that we fittest the faucts!

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Kinda my feeling. Okay, he raised money for vet organizations. He got more coverage. Maybe there is incrementally one more person who has now heard of Trump who didn't know of him before. Is he being given credit for the donation? Is there anyone who is now more likely to vote for him or more likely to turn-out because of the coverage of his donations to veteran organizations? Does his favorability ratings improve because of it? I mean, maybe; but it looks like yet more playing to his base. More reasons for people already psyched about Trump to continue to be psyched about Trump. People who aren't psyched about Trump are probably not moved, imo.

I thought we'd see a 'move to the middle' now that he has it sewn up. Maybe he's waiting until after the convention. I think we've seen a couple of overtures though with some statements about how the rich might pay a little more in tax and other things around that time. But, that seemed to be pretty half-hearted. I've mostly seen more red meat for the base -- regressive environmental policy, macho foreign policy statements, unrealistic employment and trade promises. How is he going to get the swing voter if he spends all his time pandering to veterans and making misogynist comments about Clinton's looks?