1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Bregman Call-Up Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 12, 2016.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Alex Bregman..... Possibly Coming?

Not sure if thread-worthy, but then again, I didn't want this buried in the Minor League Thread.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Houston Astros are expected to call-up top prospect Alex Bregman as early as this weekend according to sources... <a href="https://t.co/jGTde1rDPX">https://t.co/jGTde1rDPX</a></p>&mdash; Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimBowden_ESPN/status/753033126381707264">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obligatory:

[​IMG]

#1 tellitlikeitis, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

I wish we had a home game this week so i can go.

Oh well, get to catch him next saturday vs angels. :grin:

3. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

if valbuena moves to 1b, reed better be our every day DH and gattis the backup C.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Is it a text-up these days?

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Hell yeah this is thread worthy :cool:

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Color me pleasantly shocked.

Though I hope AJ Reed continues to get frequent starts.

Fun times.

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Awesome!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see the accompanying moves

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Should still start vs all RHP

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah hope so

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

spectacular. Assume it's just Worth going down for now

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

He might get designated, need a roster spot on the 40 man. Either that or a trade is coming to free up a spot.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Reed should go down. He needs everyday at bats, as well as a confidence boost facing AAA pitchers once again.

Worth knows his role, and it's not a large one. You won't hear any grumbling from him being the 25th man.

13. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Lineup:

RF Springer
    3B Bregman
    2B Altuve
    SS Correa
    DH Valbuena
    LF Rasmus
    1b Reed
    CF Gomez
    C Castro

Gattis and Marwin both playing a ton...

I really think that when we are on our A game, this team is as good as any in the American League. We have a lot of flexibility with Marwin and Valbuena and also Gattis being able to play catcher. Our bullpen is as good as anyone in baseball....the wild cards is Dallas K and McCullers for this team to make it to the World Series. If those two can pitch the way we know they can, and if the rest of our starters can just stay around the level that they have currently been pitching, this team is as good as any team in the AL. We are still so young are going to be so good for a very long time!

I really do believe that this group of guys will be the team that brings Houston its next world championship in the next 3 years and maybe multiple. It has been such a long time since Hakeem went back to back. It is a great time to be an Astros fan. This team has the talent to be very special for years to come.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes sir

Just a few days ago, Pallilo said it was "crazy" Bregman wasn't @AAA.... now, his career is starting NEXT game :cool:

15. Buck Turgidson

Yall may be putting just a little too much vicarious pressure/expectations on this kid. If he struggles for a week or 2, will yall ditch him like you want to do Reed? If he starts out hot for a week or 2, will yall crown him as the Next Great Thing like yall did White?

16. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Bregman is screwed either way with parts of this fan base. Even if he comes up and kills it, ala Correa, he'll be a scrub and traceable if he struggles at the beginning of next year. Tis the life of an Astros player. I'm just excited to see these guys all play together.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

He will be fine...it is a big deal that we have a talent of his magnitude coming to join our ball club. While I don't think he is as talented as Correa ( then again who is?) I do believe that he has the talent to give us a 4th everyday player that is a perennial all star...the big three might just have turned into the big 4... I am hoping for Allstar quality play from these 7 players for the 2nd half of the season : Altuve, Correa, Springer, Bregmen, Dallas K, McCullers, and Harris.....This team is loaded with young talent...loaded

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wonder if he agreed to a multi year contract...

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

with that run through the minors and given what Altuve has done in his own organization, it's hard to imagine him taking one unless it's pretty massive.

What would it take at this point? 7 yrs / 25 mil?

Thinking otherwise he makes (the rest of this year being yr 0)

Yrs 0-3 total: ~1.5M total
    Yr 4 arb: ~2M
    Yr 5 arb: ~5M OR Yr 5 new deal: ~12M as an expected value, erring towards success of course
    Yr 6 new deal: ~12M

Total = 20-27.5M. Completely ignoring possibility of injury, and assuming he is fairly successful.

Can't see him doing it. And can't see the Astros offering more than ~30, unless they go longer than the arb years.