1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade the #1 and Rice for Tyson Chandler and their#1(two overall)?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ESource, Jun 8, 2002.

1. ESource

ESource Member

Just trying to clarify how getting Chandler would be better than Ming! So if this is possible and Krause REALLY wants Ming, would you trade the #1 overall AND *Rice to Chicago for their #1 and Tyson Chandler? This would be our line-up in the future then:
    PG: Francis
    SG: Mobley
    SF: Caron Butler OR Dunleavy, Jr.(taken w/ 2nd overall pick?)
    PF/C: Griffin
    C/PF: Chandler(we'd have NO true center; Tyson and EG play interchangeable roles)

Does this make us a better team than if we had drafted Ming? I'm NOT so sure! I don't think I'd do this trade. Opinions?

*I'd throw in Rice to get rid of his contract. If Krause REALLY wants Ming, I'd insist he take Rice's contract. Doesn't Chicago have lots of cap space, I believe so. So this trade doesn't have to match salaries.

#1 ESource, Jun 8, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2002
  2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Yes, but why would Chicago.

Trading down 1 spot and giving up Tyson Chandler is stupid. Chicago wouldnt do that.

3. drapg

drapg Member

hell yeah!

but Krause would FINALLY have to be institutionalized after that move...

;)

4. ESource

ESource Member

Well, this was based on Krause REALLY wanting Ming. If he really is enamored w/ him, there's a possibility he would do it. BUT my main objective in posting this is to see how adding Tyson would make us better than adding Ming. There's been lots of people advocating a trade for Tyson so I wanted to see if he(Tyson) would really make us any better. :confused:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No,

Dare to be great, roll the dice and draft Ming...he is already better then Chandler.

DaDakota

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Substitute Curry for Chandler in the trade and I think the Rockets would have to seriously consider it. With Yoa, the Rockets get a near-franchise center. To trade Yoa, they would need to get one in return.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

There's no way Chicago does this trade. We're getting rid of a broke down player with a fat contract and the #1 for an up and coming 20 year old with potential up the a** and their number 2 this year.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hell yeah I would!!!!

9. Stevie Francis

YEAH!!! this is what i wanted all along, forget cyrry, he's gonna be fat like 2 sandwhichs that played for us. I WANT TY CHAND!!!:D

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

chicago would probably laugh at the idea but i'm with dadakota here, i'd say no. if ming pans out he's our final piece, we gotta roll the dice.

11. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Go for it.........anyone that would let go of Jordan, Pip, Phil and his assistant coaches, and recently Elton Brand..............would probably do it.
    But who knows. :rolleyes:

12. Darth West

Darth West Member

Chicago would never do this ... One thing you have to consider with Chandler is that, already after 1 year, no Bull fans are missing Brand ... that suggests to me that he is worth quite alot more then moving up one step in a draft without a consensus #1 ...

13. nilsrock

nilsrock Member

That's a nobrainer, ofcourse I'd do it, but unfortunately it's a nobrainer for CHI not to do it also,

14. ESource

ESource Member

Really think Curry can develop into one? Wouldn't Chandler make a better center if he added 30-40lbs. than Curry?

15. ESource

ESource Member

Just so that I understand, you want Chandler, right?! :cool:

16. fred futureStar

I wonder where all you guys come up with these "what if" scenarios. To even get Ming out of China to play for any team (muchless the Rockets) in the USA, it'll take everything an organization can muster. Political reservations aside. Any hint that he's being drafted to be traded is a slap in the face of the Chinese and will squelch the deal ASAP. The only way the Rockets won't take him is if he's not cleared to come play in the NBA. If that's the case, then some of these "dualing caballeros" wish list come into play. Most likely take Williams with the number 1 to trade down and get an extra pick. As it should be, Ming has been their man all along. Either way they come out smelling like the Triple Crown winner. Cut the mind wank and pray. Dream about all the good will it will bring also. Can you imagine? Didn't think so. This move could do more for world peace than a barrel of Bushes.

17. ESource

ESource Member

Uhhh, somebody needs a BIG sip of "the lighten up" drink.....Geez, I thought this board was for FUN?! :rolleyes:

18. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

19. hpscc

hpscc Member

Phil Jackson said that Reinsdorf offered him 6+ million to return, and he decided to retire, until he 'unretired.' Jordan said he didn't want to play with any coach for Jackson, so he turned down Reinsdorf 30+ million offer.

It's interesting that you talk about the Elton Brand trade as if it was some obviously bad move, yet here people are talking about trading for Tyson Chandler, who Brand was traded for. It also occurs to me that if the Bulls hadn't done that trade, they would've almost certainly won more games and likely wouldn't have been as high as #2 in the draft.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Chicago is really sitting pretty if they play their card right. Even though they are rebuilding, they have some good pieces already. If any team could use Odom,Miller or Davis, its chicago. If the Clippers are smart and want a pg they have the goods to get him without waiting to see how he develops. Its a lot of scenerios that could go down involving chicago and the clipps or even gsw for that matter.

1. Chicago sends the #2 to the clipps for Odom and Maggette and the #12. This gives Chicago to ballhandlers in Rose and Odom, along with the Curry and Chandler on the frontline with Maggette,Robinson,and Fizer on the bench. They instantly becomes at least a 30+ win team in the east. The clipps get Williams who they really want and at 8 they could maybe still get the youngster from Brazil or Stanford and let Kandi walk.

2. The Clipps send Odom and Maggette to Cleveland for Miller and Mihm. La gets the pg they so covet, still retain their draft picks at 8 and 12 and gets depth and players.Mihm could sit behind Kandi a yr and let him walk plus they could use the picks on Hillario and Borchardt if they chose to. Cleveland gets a serious player at the 3 and could still get a 4 in Gooden or wilcox or maybe even Butler if he falls.

3. Gsw is in the same boat as the clipps and bulls. They could probably offer this pick to cleveland for Miller and send Fortson with it. They could have richardson and Miller in the backcourt with Jamison and Murphy up front. If they're not sold on getting Butler or Dunleavy they could work this scenerio also. Most scenerios listed probably could be subbed with Davis also since Charlotte has a history of not paying players.

I know its was off subject so i will respond to the first question. Why would Chicago want Rice anyway? :rolleyes: