1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Tyson Chandler view on the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alvin Choo, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300025597

Interesting extract,

on Bobby

"He was just sitting in there, getting his stuff together and we were actually watching the game, Miami and Houston. He was in there watching his team now. Normally, we're teammates watching the game together, but he was watching the team he was about to go to. He was just moving slow and I could tell that he was going to miss everything."

on Bonzi

"What's funny is that, when I was in the Bahamas for All-Star weekend, Bobby and his wife introduced me and my wife to Bonzi and his wife............... So, we were hanging out and talking about basketball and everything. Bonzi said, "Why don't y'all lose some games, so we can catch up! We're on an eight-game winning streak and we still can't catch y'all."

So when he walked into the locker room today, I was like, "You still want us to lose games?" Ha ha."

Looks like the trade caught them by surprise as well.

2. Rowdie Brandon

lol, oh the irony..................

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bonzi will help them lose some games.

;)

DD

4. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

I wish we could of just traded James for Jackson. I think Wells was a pretty big part of the locker room, not to mention, the actual games.

5. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Now I understand why Tmac wouldn't want to go to new orleans for the all star game.

Option A: you can go to NO do charity work
    Option B: you can go to Bahamas getting hot chicks and sipping on juicy fruity drinks...

HMMM

6. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I'm going to miss Bonzi. I wish we could have just traded Mike James and some cash for Bobby Jackson instead (if we really needed him).

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Watch the rockets have to face them in the playoffs and Bonzi torment us. Objectively Bonzi will help them.

8. Rowdie Brandon

I could see this happening......last night I was watching the game and thought that "hey we matchup really well with the hornets".................Bonzi and James will somewhat change that now..........

9. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Bonzi's married?

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I kinda will miss Bonzi.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bonzi may help, but James?

His bricking and driving-into-the-paint-without-a-plan act will only help the opponents.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

When players leave a team, do they tell their new team the old teams tricks and plays and whatnot?? Like is bonzi gonna tell new orleans what all our play calls mean?

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If he did it didn't help them last night.

14. southtexan

southtexan Member

Bonzi is going to tell them to watch out because we're going to send Yao to the pain most of the times. :D

15. bucket

bucket Member

Yeah, it's not right for NBA players to ever spend any of their free time doing anything other than charity work.

16. Rowdie Brandon

I still think Mike has some game left....yes he takes ill advised shots, but he'll be given the green light in New Orleans....he'll help them especially since he'll finally get some playing time (unlike when he played here this season)

17. Rowdie Brandon

I still think Mike has some game left....yes he takes ill advised shots, but he'll be given the green light in New Orleans....he'll help them especially since he'll finally get some playing time (unlike when he played here this season)

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I love this idea that we're supposed to "get something for" James. Like we were supposed to "get something for" Swift. Guess what: James' market value, with his contract, was Bobby Jackson minus Bonzi. You do the math.

19. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

The only thing I'll miss about Bonzi is his passing. He's a really underrated passer. He was inconsistent, but that was the one thing we could rely on him to do.

I'm excited about Jackson and seeing what he could still do. If he's another Mike James, no harm. He'll be gone next season.

With 11m off the books we should expect some good players coming in next year.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I won't miss Bonzi. The Hornets need him because Ryan Bowen gets regular playing time instead of sitting on the bench. With Paul & Pargo, they don't really need Bobby Jackson. Because of Bonzi, the Hornets' basketball IQ just went down. I'm also glad the ultimate flake, Mike James, is gone.