1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Release new web site today at 5pm!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 24, 2000.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

They already had the best site, this one should be state of the art.

They will have a whole section of cheerleading photos! Woo hoo. Messages Boards, scheduled Titan chats ect...

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is there a section where you can whack Bud Adams with something very hard?

------------------
    "I'll drop kick those f*ckin' dogs if they come anywhere near me."

visit www.swirve.com

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

dcsports, that is sickening!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Have you ever read the message board at BudAdams.com? Hilarious stuff by ex-Oilers fans, and really stupid stuff from Titans fans in return!

------------------
    Bring It!!

5. dc sports

dc sports Member

What, it's a real site???? I was making it up!!! [​IMG]

Did you get a chance to see the message board? When the guy first started it he posted a message here -- and about 90% of the message board became "beat up on bud". I really felt sorry for the poor Webmaster -- he didn't know a thing about the Oilers leaving town, and was trying to do something nice for the guy that brought them football.

Anyway, Rocketman95 wanted a place to beat Adams up. Ask and ye shall recieve. [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

[This message has been edited by dc sports (edited August 24, 2000).]

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's only fitting that both the Rockets and Oilers have the best-run websites on the net. Too bad the city doesn't support either team.

7. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

9. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

PhiSlammaJamma:
    Thanks my friend. I just came back from the mall. I went to get a new Titan's jersey. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection for being in South FL.

The Titans have the road blue jersey, and they also came out with this cool red alternate jersey. Man is it the BOMB!!! As if that decision was not hard enough I now had to decide between getting a 27 Eddie George or 90 Jevon Kerse. Decisions, decisions... Well I could get the Kerse in the road blue and the George in the red alternate jersey! (But don't think the wife will be too happy with that plan). [​IMG]

The alternate red jersey looked very similar to the red jersey that our own BBS Rocket designer created. Man it looked sweet.

Well I was with my wife and she was not having much fun as I carrying on a conversation with the Champs associate. He asked me why I was such a big Titans fan and I just pointed to my Rockets Basketball shirt and told him that I was a diehard Houston junkie (and just kept supporting the Titans when they moved). In any case they did not have either blue or red in XL. Damn!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

So many choices, with a full season still ahead.

"I think that might be scary for a defense," Dyson said.

10. mrpaige

I like the alternate jersey as well. They have it for sale on the website (so there are pictures of it there).

The thing is, I don't think they'll ever actually wear the alternate jersey. Last I heard, the League rule was that a team could only have two jerseys (enacted in 1995 or so, which is why the Cowboys dropped their special event jerseys.)

------------------

11. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

CLUTCH!!!!!!

This is about as close as rooting for the Lakers or Jazz as you can get.

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

I'm all for the "Hangout" being for just about anything. Hell, even a debate on whether Houstonians should be Titan fans or not. But, just a shameless plug for the team and the man that totally ripped out my heart, is going too far.

Okay, I don't "really" want Clutch to delete this thread. But, dammit, if I were him, I WOULD!!

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

12. dc sports

dc sports Member

13. Dream34

Dreamer,
    Your last post concerned me. You obviously do not like the Titans. That is not what I have a problem with. But what confuses me is if you were a fan of the Oilers and hate them because they left Houston.

I have never lived in the great city of Houston. Actually I grew up in GA but one thing is for sure. That is for the past 20 years (or since I was around 10 years old) I have always been a diehard Oilers, Astros and Rockets fan!!! No waivering through the good times and the bad. My point being is that I have always continued to root for my Houston pro teams. That passion did not change just because they left the city of Houston.

I know Bud Adams must have a big bulls-eye on his chest in the city of Houston. But the fact of the matter is that none of the Houston teams are my favorites because of their owner. Actually I do not care much for Drayton McClane or Bud Adams. I have no feeling what so ever for Les Alexander. I have no connection with an owner. My connection is with the teams they own.

I am sure I will never feel the same way as someone living in the city of Houston and being a fan of the Oilers. I am sure it hurts the way Bud Adams made his threats about needing a new stadium. And when he did not get it he left. But the fact remains, that the players that makeup the Oilers/Titans never had a say in the matter.

I can see if your hatred is aimed at Bud Adams or the Oilers/Titans management but it is hard for me to comprehend how a Oilers fan can not root for the Titans as a team.

I mean I can not tell you how big a relief it was seeing the Titans last January shake off their label as chockers in the big game. I mean I will never, ever, forget where I was watching that Bills/Titans Wildcard game. It was one of the greatest moments I have ever witnessed in professional sports. To me it was right up there with Ellie knocking down that 3 against the Suns and blowing the kiss of death and Ralph Sampson making that turnaround basket at the last minute to beat the Lakers. It was poetic justice that the Music City Miracle came against the Bills. I mean it evened the score (at least for me and I am sure alot of Oiler fans) of blowing that 30+ point lead back in the 90's. Every Houston fan should have been proud of that play. Even the way the Titans played in the Superbowl made me PROUD to be a fan of that TEAM!! The Oilers/Titans have come a long way. And to me the best part is that they are going to get better!

But to each their own. Peace.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

14. mrpaige

But since the merchandising money is split evenly among the owners, Bud will get a percentage of your money when you buy Houston NFL stuff or any other team stuff, too.

------------------

15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Damn you mrpaige. [​IMG]

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

16. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

17. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

If I were to support the Titans in any way, then I would be indirectly supporting Bud Adams. If I were to buy some Titan apparel, then Bud Adams would get some percentage of my money, and I will not have that! If I were to watch Titan games on TV, then I would be a consumer of the commercials that pay Bud Adams (indirectly) for the television rights to the games.

I just can't see how a person, like me, who grew up wanting to play for the Oilers since the age of 5 could possibly root for a team that left town. I still like the players, but that makes it even worse. Now, I don't get to see guys like: Steve McNair, Eddie George, Yancy Thigpen, Kevin Dyson, Frank Wycheck, Marcus Robertson, Fred Miller (who went to my highschool), Brad Hopkins, or Jevon Kearse, develop into stars they way I would if they were still Oilers.

I've had favorite players on teams that weren't Houston based: Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronny Lott, Lawrence Taylor, etc. But, they never meant the same as Oiler players meant to me. They played in different cities in front of different fans.

As I've said before, I'm glad Houston is getting another NFL franchise, but I can only hope I root and care for them the way I did my Oilers. Because, if you asked me straight up, I would have to say I doubt I will.

If you have any other questions about it, just remember Earl Campbell refused to allow the Titans to retire his jersey and attend a ceremony in Tennessee.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Bud Adams is creating a Titans Museum in Adelphia Coliseum.

Let's forget the name Oilers. It is Bud Adams property and he can do whatever he wants with it.

The history of the Houston Oilers should remain in Houston. When the Oilers became the Tennessee Titans/Oilers, our ties with the team ended. If Bud had any class he would not put any Houston Oilers stuff in his Titans museum.

Bob McNair will most likely create a Houston NFL museum which should include the Houston Oilers. The thing I hate about our new team is just that it is a new team. We are an expansion franchise with no history. There have been rumors that Earl's #34 will be retired by the new team.

------------------

19. Dream34

Dreamer,
    Thanks for responding. I can understand your pain and hatred towards Bud Adams. The guy is creepy. That line that Dennis Miller said about his tupee and articifical turf during the Monday Night preseason game was hilarious.

As a kid it was always my dream and still is to this day own the Astros, Rockets, and Oilers/Titans.

But like I said. I have not let my feelings for Bud Adams impact my passion for the Titans. Just like if Les Alexander has to move the Rockets (which we all now will not happen because the people in Houston will pass that referendum), I will still love them. To me that is true love for a team.

But like I said earlier. To each their own! Stay cool...

Titans all the way baby! 7 more days till the journey begins for Superbowl 35. Man I can't wait.

PS.
    I ended up getting the Red "27 Eddie George" (alternate jersey) and the Blue "90 Jevon Kearse". I even bought a cool Titans cap! My wife did not say anything cause I went and bought her 6 outfits for herself prior to buying my items. Smart thinking even if I say so myself!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Dream34,

what happens in september, 2002? will you once again pledge your allegiance to houston's pro football team? or will you remain a titans' fan?

either choice renders your argument hollow. if, as you claim ("My point being is that I have always continued to root for my Houston pro teams. That passion did not change just because they left the city of Houston."), you're a die hard fan of HOUSTON sports, then you will come back in two years, leaving the titans high and dry -- now what kind of fan is that?

if, otoh, you remain true to a team that makes it's home in tennessee... well, once again, you seem to have no conviction or true depth of passion for houston sports, in spite of your claims to the contrary.

the titans play in tennessee, bottom line. out of sight, out of mind. i don't randomly cheer for teams because they trade for, or sign away, a guy from one of houston's teams. (i mean, are you a chief fan because warren moon is on the roster?) and i sure don't cheer for teams that may have, at one point, called houston home, but don't any longer.

further, i love the irony of you being both a rocket and titan fan... you're a rocket fan because they relocated to houston, the city of houston being the operative reason... but remain a titan fan because they once called houston home, but don't any longer. do you suppose there are quite a few die hard san diego rocket fans milling about?

further: "It was poetic justice that the Music City Miracle came against the Bills. I mean it evened the score (at least for me and I am sure a lot of Oiler fans) of blowing that 30+ point lead back in the 90's. Every Houston fan should have been proud of that play."

why should a "houston fan" take pride in the "Music City Miracle?" the HOUSTON oilers blew the 32-point lead, and never evened a thing.

ric http://www.houstonprofootball.com