1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Not even close, but nice try. So you think coaches are only fired because the team doesn't listen to them?

Blatt (and maybe George Karl) are the only coaches I can think of (other than McHale) who have been fired solely due to the team tuning them out.

Blatt was afraid of Lebron and let HIM run the team. You think that is the kind of coach Harden and the rest of these selfish knuckleheads need?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like Blatt as a HC. But he's 100% better suited for a Boston Celtics of 2 years ago type gig, ala Brad Stevens. Coach up young players, prove your chops, hope the roster then improves and the stars that come listen to you.

In fact that was his goal originally with the Cavs.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron didn't respect David Blatt. Will Harden?

The next head coach of the Rockets HAS to have Harden's respect and buy in. It all starts there.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Who believes Harden will respect Blatt?

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

The cavs were basically Blatts first day a prison and instead fighting the biggest dude and setting the tone, he became the prison b****.

I have literally never seen a player disrespect a coach so hard on tv. I'll give it to lebron though cause blatt didn't seem to confident during crunch time decisions.

6. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Blatt is a straight up better coach than Messina. But his reputation got massively undercut by LeBron and I am wary of Harden disrespecting him too. If the whole team bought into his philosophy and played by his rules, he would be the absolute best head coach for the Rockets and would do wonders with them. It's a big if, though.
    JVG is a safe bet, Blatt is a higher risk and a higher reward. Messina is the worst of the three (he hasn't done anything of note his last two stints as a head coach, it looks that his time has passed).

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Blatt is not a leader of Men.

8. rockets13champs

Blatt needs to go to NY

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA coaching sources say former Cavaliers coach David Blatt is interviewing with Houston today for the Rockets' coaching vacancy</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/729723391976955904">May 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

JVG with Blatt/Hollins as assistants GITRDUN MURY

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/213238/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Oh god please no to Blatt.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Please let this be a favor to Blatt's agent....

Please let this be a token interview....

14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Interviewing the one guy that's actually worse than McHale/JB... makes sense

15. awc713

awc713 Member

wonder what synagogue Blatt would join

16. brosef

brosef Member

He will be living in Meyerland for sure.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol at people comparing Blatt to McHale...Blatt is a real coach, not a puppet/players coach.

With that said, i'm not sure he can coach in the nba, especially in teams with high ego players...

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hell no! No to the grasshopper from a bug's life.Harden is going to isolate him. Blatt leaves 1 diva player to join another diva player ala Dwight style.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um guys...Blatt would be the best coach we've had since Rick. He's far from a bad option. My concern is that he's not defensively focused and doesn't seem to be able to handle strong personalities. So it would be a odd fit considering what the Rockets problem has been. But Blatt is not some hack coach. IF he gets another shot in the right situation, he'll succeed it bet.

20. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I disagree, Blatt has not done anything to prove that he is a worthwhile candidate at the NBA level. We all know Lebron ran the team, and any input Blatt had was brushed aside.

The interviews lined up (Blatt = today, Kenny Smitt = tomorrow), I feel like the Rockets are wasting time and oppurtunity. We need to make a run at Vogel, and line something up with JVG. These should be our main concerns, not Sam Cassell, or D'Antoni :mad: