1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Demar Derozan worth the max?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that he will be Rudy Gay 2.0. I hope Lakers sign him to the max.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

gay and derozan actually have very similar numbers. gay never reached derozan's PER from this season but this was also a big leap for derozan so it may be a peak season and not the baseline. and even as much as we talked about gay shooting long 2's, derozan is actually way above gay in terms of 10-23 footers, shooter almost half his shots from there.

gay was a better rebounder, derozan gets to the line more, although surprisingly gay actually takes more shots at the rim.

so yeah, a guy who shoots less at the rim and more from mid-range than even rudy gay. probably not a guy who should get a max.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Dwight's getting the max. Enough said. And we can't wait til he leaves.

4. Asian Sensation

Definitely. Only 26 and he improves every year. You don't improve every year unless you're dedicated, care about the game and put in the work. He's very similar to Jimmy Butler IMO. Not a superstar but a very good All-Star that's young that has room to get even better is easily worth the max.

5. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

LA gone offer him the Max cause he from Los Angeles. But in short HELL NO, he is not even remotely worth a "Max Contract." But everyone gets them in today's NBA. IMO he gone stay in Toronto, Canada.

6. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

DeMar is setting the new bar when it comes to 'the worst playoff performance ever by an All-star player'

13.3 PPG
    29.5 FG%
    0 3P%

PER 3.6
    TS% 34.1%
    BPM - 6.0
    Net Rating -12.0

7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

There is no more than a 5% chance Slight gets the max. He's easily the most overrated player in the NBA. And he's noticeably slowing down with age.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

How in the world is Dwight Howard the most overrated player on the NBA when he is criticized everytime he is discussed

1 person likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not all max contracts are the same. A max contract for a long time veteran like Dwight is much more than a max contract for a 7th year guy.

A max contract signed after 30 years old will likely have diminished value because first, the amount is higher and second the player's physical abilities are declining. A max contract signed at 26 is usually the maximal value.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

If we go by the old standard then no, Derozan is not worth the max he is clearly not a superstar. If we go by the new standard wherein guys like Parsons are getting the max than he is worth it, I'd rather pay him the max than somebody with lingering injuries like Parsons.

Dwight isn't really part of the discussion but even at his age he's clearly worth the max, the Rox just doesn't have a coach who knows how to use both him and Harden properly. I mean would you rather pay 20M to Derozan, Parsons, or Dwight?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

He seems like at 20mil/year type of guy.

12. hlcc

hlcc Member

paul george is costing derozan millions.

13. malakas

malakas Member

I got in a big argument with other Bucks fans saying that Middleton is a better sg than Derozan. This playoffs prove I was right.
    When the playoffs come, that the refs are more careful with their whistles, Derozan gets exposed. Because he can't do much else well.
    He can't defend well, playmake well, handle the ball well, pass well or shoot well.

And it's not only one time because George defends him. He gets exposed in every playoffs.

Ofcourse he will get the max, and I don't see Toronto letting him go for nothing without even making an offer.
    Because if he leaves then they have noone to replace him.
    So he will also receive multiple max offers too.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I stand corrected. DeRozan is even worse than I thought.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Terrence Jones just read that & cried...

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I really hope the Lakers do offer him the Max.

DeRozan is the most overhyped all star.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Lakers, Warriors, Heat, Knicks, Magic, Clippers Interested In DeMar DeRozan

DeMar DeRozan would prefer to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors in free agency, but he'll have a number of other opportunities available should they be unable to quickly agree upon a contract.

The Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, New York Knicks and Orlando Magic also have interest in DeRozan.[/rquoter]

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do the Clippers want to get rid of BG that bad? Maybe he's definitely out. DeRozan isn't worth dealing any of the major to pieces to create room, unless there's an internal problem with BG.

19. malakas

malakas Member

the warriors are interested in Derozan??? What?

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member