1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Ballers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by daywalker02, Jun 21, 2015.

1. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Yea that was definitely the feeling that I got. Good for them. Can't help but love the Rock. And all the females.

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

That was my thought too. I enjoyed the season and understand that it isn't going to get too deep into things but that finale just seemed like the show wasn't coming back. There were no conflicts or anything left remaining.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

HA ha! Yeah every time I see Reggie's punk ass I think of Damian Lillard's ugly ass too.

4. ths balla

ths balla Member

Show had the 3rd most viewers of all time for an HBO Comedy surprisingly

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That's crazy. The more I think about it, the less I like the show. It was pretty lame and can't believe it was on HBO.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Season 2 Premiere tonight at 10pm Eastern.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Looks more like Bazemore to me.
    [​IMG]

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

An athlete giving up 3 year 36 million dollar deal for 1 year 1.5mil. Especially in the NFL that seems absurd.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I watched a grand total of like 2 episodes this season. I thought the show had an interesting concept, and had actors that I was interested in seeing in these roles. However it dawned on me quickly in the first few episodes that the show had no interest in doing anything other than trying to just recreate the entourage formula in a different setting. Was even interested to see The Rock expand his acting chops but all I see when I'm watching this show is an actor who is so unsure of himself and worried about his image that even when he's playing the character to his weaknesses he's still trying WAYYY too hard to look cool.

Not seeing many reviews out there this morning about how season 2 ended up being, but I assume that this show can just keep going and always have an audience that this is their thing.... just not for me I guess, but I've been hoping for a long time that people can convince me to come back to it because it has improved.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah that was a stretch to say the least. As for the rest of the finale, I thought it was pretty well done, good turn for The Rock's characters.....

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Eddie George store that episode. Wow.

GRENDEL and CCity Zero like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, haha, end of career in sight at ~32 y/o, give up millions of guaranteed (even if you only last 1 year at 12 million), and then not even liked a lot by other teams... Can't remember exact contract terms but was insane vs 1.5.... to maybe win and goto Hall, I'm all for winning but his character already showed he wasn't great with money when he was younger, and shoot man... most players are an injury away from being out, and his character was taking huge risk on business proposition with the Rock's character.

I do think Denzel's kid as a previous player and now actor has this character down though, hopefully after this can keep going in future roles, he plays this role pretty great... But has some big shoes to fill. I like that he went his own way before going into family business.

As far as entourage comment... I do agree to an extent but fortunately I didn't watch a lot of that series, and I do enjoy the cast. Wasn't huge Rock fan (well at least not from wrestling, since I'm not into that), but have enjoyed his roles in movies lately, and he's a cool/good dude (at least from what I can tell with fans). I also like that he knows about football (at least college) before going wrestling route (much like Denzel's kid and the other pros featured on the show that know football).

I do wish they featured some of the season rather than offseason but still a fun show I've enjoyed.

PS HBO Go rocks.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, looked up his story after, freaking 200k networth IRL... Hopefully this is chance for him to get something.

RedRedemption likes this.
  14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I enjoyed it. binge watched season 1 and the first few episodes of season 2.....then was watching it every Sunday. I enjoy it, and I like the on screen chemistry between Rob and Dwayne.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was pretty impressed at his acting chops, he really delivered.

CCity Zero and RedRedemption like this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It wouldn't surprise me if NE really did have its players show up and play street ball before they signed a guy. Series is awesome. You really get a first hand look at some of the crazy things that go on behind the scenes.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I had no idea that Eddie George was in Chicago on Broadway. I guess that explains his acting chops.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, same here. I think binged season 1, then like 3 episodes to catch up season 2 and every Sunday since. Definitely agree about Rob and Dwayne, really good casting I think.

Uprising likes this.