1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Pondering Teams After Contract

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyntil8ing, Jul 29, 2014.

1. traveler

traveler Member

no

No they didn't.

2. verysimplejason

1 person likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ah, yes. The whole "sell high" fantasy league strategy.

Nowitzki says hi. Another tall, freakishly great shooter, and fellow 50-40-90 club member, whose game does little damage to his body, relatively speaking to other greats.

5. i3artow i3aller

Drake tries to get the crowd in Toronto to go crazy for Kevin Durant to very sad results.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ECk4v7pSsZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the crowd goes mild! Oh Drake, stick to singing (rapping? what does Drake actually do?) and front running, there’s about the same chance I play for the Raptors as Kevin Durant plays for the Raptors. I will eat my hat and I’m not even wearing any if Kevin Durant even sniffs playing in Toronto. And come on Drake, your “brother”? There’s approximately, give or take 0%, a 0.0% chance Kevin Durant has ever referred to Drake as his “brother”. Durant is more of a Wale guy. So valiant effort Aubrey (did we know his real name is Aubrey? I’m not what one would call a “Drake guy”). Cute try. But he’s already made up his mind where he’s playing in 2016, and I’m pitching a teepee an entire tribe can live in just thinking about it.
    [​IMG]

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You must be pretty young and don't remember then.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Raptors fined $25,000 for comments Drake made at a concert about Kevin Durant that were seen as violation of anti-tampering rules</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/498882588954480640">August 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

WHAT? Does Drake work for the Raptors? Did the NBA front office confuse rapper and Raptor again? :grin:

2 people like this.
  9. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets better get some playoff success for that to happen.

10. champstocome

champstocome Member

Rockets fined millions for slim thug tampering with dwight howard....and slim thug actually offered him women which was way worse.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]The Toronto Raptors have been fined $25,000 for comments that rap star and team ambassador Drake made at a recent concert about Kevin Durant that the NBA has deemed a violation of its anti-tampering rules, sources with knowledge of the league's ruling told ESPN.com on Monday.

The sources said that Durant, who attended Drake's recent show in Toronto, was the subject of what the league regards as a public recruiting pitch from the famed Canadian artist.

In September 2013, Drake was formally named the Raptors' global ambassador.

"I just want to show one of my brothers something," Drake announced to the crowd. "You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us. I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto. Let him know what would happen."

The Oklahoma City Thunder star and reigning NBA MVP then received an ovation from the crowd, which reportedly launched into a "KD" chant.

Durant becomes an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016 and various teams -- notably his home-state Washington Wizards as well as the New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers -- are already known to be positioning themselves to have sufficient salary-cap space to make a run at him.

http://goo.gl/3xl254[/rQUOTEr]

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Team Ambassador? Welp... I guess they are Canadian (?)

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LOL, I guess the league needed to hand SOMEONE a fine for tampering since they can't give it to Minny-Cavs

14. JazzLakerHater

Get ready people, because this is going to be THE story of the NBA for the next two seasons. Sort of similar to how people we're talking about Lebron's free agency in 2008, two years before he became an actual free agent.

Just curious, do you guys believe the Rockets can be a serious player for Durant or do you think we'll be on the outside looking in?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

As long as the Rockets have James Harden. :)

A [very small] chance, on the outside looking in. ;) I guess, much like this offseason! Heh.

2 years though, a lot can happen between now and then.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Washington, Philly, and maybe Brooklyn (depending on what moves they make) will have the best chances of landing him.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Drake is clearly not the best recruiter in the world.......

18. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Could you explain to me how Philly and Nets interest him?
    I can see the Rockets on the outside looking in. Durant has to be seeing how Morey moves players to better the team. He moved Asik and Lin to create space for a big star. We missed out. He then signed Ariza and chose Not to use cap space signing Parsons. Who is a good player but not max worthy.
    While OKC traded Jeff green for Kendrick Perkins, and Harden for Martin. Of course OKC has time to prove to Durant that's where he should stay.
    By that year maybe more teams can be suitable for him, but at the current trajectory I only see, HOU - WAS - OKC (considering win potential, not only cap space.)

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]With the Knicks officially announcing Derek Fisher’s coaching staff on Wednesday, it’s worth noting the relationship between new assistant Brian Keefe and Thunder superstar Kevin Durant.

Durant, a free agent in 2016, is very close to Keefe, according to an NBA source. Keefe had been with Oklahoma City for seven seasons — the first two as developmental coach — before being promoted to assistant. The hire, unofficially made in mid-July, can’t hurt the Knicks’ pitch for Durant if they still have cap space to spend that summer.

“He’s Durant’s guy,’’ the league source said.

During last season, Durant noted Keefe had put him in his place regarding body language and attitude.

In addition to associate coach Kurt Rambis and Keefe, Fisher will be surrounded by Jim Cleamons, Rasheed Hazzard and Joshua Longstaff. Having Phil Jackson’s former top assistants in Cleamons and Rambis is expected to greatly aid Fisher’s triangle teachings.

http://goo.gl/JwMNX2 | http://goo.gl/qI0EPO[/rQUOTEr]

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

List of teams with Durant's friends/mentors:

1. OKC
    2. HOU
    3. WAS
    4. NYK
    5. Whatever team signs Thabeet