1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

"we're teammates, you're the star, you're the superstar, okay, but don't dumb down my role, because you're going to need me. what great players do, what great bosses do, what great leaders do, what great teachers do, it doesn't matter the profession, they rally everybody around them to make them feel just as important."

--Jalen Rose on Harden and Dwight's comments

1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Edit: let's keep it out of the Dish

3. izeroi

izeroi Member

It's obvious that the two of them are the main pieces but man you can't go around boasting that to the media and such. I really wish players would be smarter about the comments they make.

Specifically our players.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It seems that Morey stroked up our two star players and what was conveyed got regurgitated.

Harden shouldn't have said all that to the media; he can be defensive and surly and, let's say, not the best of spokesmen. But hell with it. It's too late now.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I assume you are directing the comments to the person I was responding to.

Organizational competence and locale have some affect on player choices, but we've seen big ticket UFAs sign with the Pistons regardless. To say Bledsoe wouldn't consider them even if the money was right is an amateur attempt at mind-reading. He wouldn't be committing the next 30 years of his life to the Detroit burbs, just the next 4. Would he choose 4yrs/$60MM with the Pistons over 4yrs/$48MM for any other team in the NBA? Um, probably so, just like every other player.

This is a funny discussion. Well before the city disintegrated in recent years, I grew up in Indy with a very negative bias against Detroit (the city) and I'm arguing in their favor here. If there was a thread in the Hangout poking fun at Detroit, I would enjoy it and might even chime in.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will all be forgotten if we play well.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Any news on Bledsoe yet? Sheesh

8. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

On RealGM, there is a new article about the Suns saying they believe they are making a fair offer to Bledsoe, and if needed would love to keep negotiating.
    Sorry, I don't know how to post the link, but it's a small article and it's basically what I wrote.

Suns should just give it up. Bledsoe doesn't want to be there anymore, and he can't even sign anywhere without being matched and brought right back. Will the Suns be interested in anything we can offer? Or can they just toss us a bone for giving them M.Morris?

9. baubo

baubo Member

Bledsoe wants to be where he gets paid. If tomorrow Phoenix offers him even a normal max, like 4yr/$60mil, you better believe he'll be kissing up to the organization within a second.

Bledsoe's just pouting because he sees a couple of white boys getting max money while no team wants to break the bank for him. It's somewhat understandable, but at the same time the market is the market. And there's very little market for PGs. Especially after a draft filled with stud PGs.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

To share a link, drag your mouse over a link (or double click in the address bar) then right click "copy", then "paste" where you want :)

1 person likes this.
  11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

My sources say the Rockets are out of the running.

12. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

13. Artestsuckskobe

This does not apply to iPads....

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Okay..? Well my tip helped the guy I was trying to help, not my fault people not a computer wont benefit from my advice.

15. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Agreed 100%

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

I wonder why Atlanta hasn't their themselves into the mix for Bledsoe. They have about $14 million in cap space, and really need another playmaker. With Bledsoe that is a good roster, could really push the Bulls or Cavs for top spot.

Teague/Mack
    Bledsoe/Sefolosha
    Korver/Carroll
    Millsap/Payne
    Horford/Antic

Thats a nice balanced roster, have a little bit of everything.

Atlanta is such an unusual organization in the NBA, its like they just are completely content to stay mediocre year in, year out. They have the cap space and made one move all offseason (Sefolosha).

17. MONON

MONON Member

Thanks! KillScarz wasn't the only unskilled one on the board. :grin:

Repped

18. val_modus

val_modus Member

Illuminati?

-v-

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He seems like he'd be a good fit in Atlanta, though the roster above would need some tweaking for sure. Korver is much more of a SG than a SF. Bledsoe can run at SG, but is more of a PG. Bledsoe played almost all of his minutes at "point" last year. Sure, it was a hybrid point when with Dragic on the floor, but in those hybrid scenarios Dragic seemed to more often be the SG... which, frankly is why I'd prefer Dragic on the Rockets, since Harden does a lot of PG type stuff in halfcourt sets.

So Atlanta is probably thinking they already have Teague, at a much cheaper price. Bledsoe was slightly better than Teague last year, but not exponentially so.

Atlanta's problem is they have abunch of players of Teague's status - really really good, but not quite all-star. Teague, Millsap, Korver... not quite that good but really good at what he does. Then their one possible great player is always injured. Rockets fans should be VERY familiar with this scenario.

So the Bledsoe acquisition for them would be one of betting he can become more Harden-esque... which I'm not sold on. They need to get in on the Harden's and Bledsoe's of the world earlier. Had they got Beldsoe last year that is how they move out of that average. Either that or trade for high lotto picks and promising young players. And the Horford injuries kill them.

Imagine if they knew 100% Horford would be healthy, and made the Millsap-Asik trade that many Rockets fans wanted. Then maybe signed Parsons to a max deal (not worth it, but for hypothetical sake).

Teague
    Korver
    Parsons
    Horford
    Asik

if healthy would kill it in the East

enough about Atlanta!

The big story with this offseason seems to be how good the PG, and to a certain extent PF, positions have become in the NBA. That's why there's a run on SF, and a guy like Bledsoe can't get any serious noise from anyone. He wasn't even the best PG on his team last year. He's not really suited to be a SG... while he's solid defensively, he just doesn't have the size to play SG.

#199 JayZ750, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  20. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Back court is too small. Teague is listed @ 6'2" and Bledsoe is 6'1". In Phoenix Dragic is at least listed @ 6'4" so the Dragic/Bledsoe combo is workable.