1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/24/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Dr.B

Dr.B Member

another win coming!!go!!

3. Dr.B

Dr.B Member

and just wonder if shane will be on the court, any latest info?

4. johnny21

johnny21 Member

1st page
    woohoo!
    lets kick heats azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

Should be a very interesting game because if you look at how Dwayne Wade is playing, he's playing like an all star and is in serious contention for the MVP.

This should be a true test for our defense to see if we can humble his constant 40 point nights putting him at the second highest scorer in the league right now behind lebron

6. tuka

tuka Member

Will be a TOUGH game .

ROX 97 vs 93 MIA .

hope YAO keeps MOSTER MODE .

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Should be an easy win, but on the other hand we can have some problems.

Obviously our defense hasn't been very good. I know we are 2nd best defensive team in the NBA, but we are not consistent. One night we play tough D throughout 3 quaters and we give up in the 4th, and the other night we suck badly for 36 minutes to come back and defend the last 12.

D-Wade is on a roll and we need to at least contain him. Try to make him a shooter, don't let himget to the rim or get to the line. It is the worst thing you can do.

Why did I sat it should be an easy win? Because of matchups. Bringing Ron can cause a lot of problems, this time for Heat.

They start Chalmers, he is guarding Rafer, ok. Than they have D-Wade and Marion. And now the question is. Do you play Marion on Tracy to slow him down or Marion on Ron. I strongly belive they will put Shawn on Tracy and than Artest will have D-Wade on him. That will be the key.

ARtest can post up Wade all day long and that is what he has to do. It is another way to slow him down - MAKE HIM PLAY DEFENSE.

They don't have Shaq anynmore, so throw the ball to Yao, see how they play him.

But generally in this game we need more touches for our big 3, especially Ron Artest if he is guarded by Wade.

Go Rockets !

8. Emma

Emma Member

I will be surprised if this game is close

9. dafranchise0309

1st page ftw!!!

Rox-94
    Heat-83

10. 3ston

3ston Member

I agree, with artest(hopefully recovered from the ankle problems in orlando the other night) on wade and yao playing well, we should pullout a win.ALSO, did anyone hear Matt Bullard say dwight howard is the best center in the legue the other night??? I love bull, but that was a little premature i think. Dwight has better numbers right now but lets wait til later in the season when yao shows his real numbers!!!!!

11. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

Rockets-97 heat 90

12. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

might be a tough game, we have problems with run and gun teams.

13. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

Rockets need to play well all four quarters instead of only the last. They need a strong performance from the B3 especially Ron Artest and T-mac.

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Will be an interesting yet handicapped match (considering we are still without Battier). We have a huge advantage in Yao, and probably a huge strength advantage in Artest. I also look strongly towards the Scolandry Hayes combination.

16. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

Any new news on Battiers return?

17. HoustonFan4Life

The last two games vs average teams have been too close for comfort. It should be an easy win and Yao should dominate against a small Heat front court, but you really never know what you're gonna get. Anyway, another close W for the ROX 99-96.

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Wade is probably going to run all over us. He's been doing that to every team the past few games. Unless Artest can contain him, we're going to be in trouble.

Rockets win, but the game is closer than it should be.

19. mic

mic Contributing Member

Let's do this!!!

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Miami has been playing 6'8" Haslem at center all season long. I know he's a tough defender, but Yao should be as aggressive as he can against a midget like that. Expect to see all kinds of defense thrown at Yao: one on one, fronting, double teams on the catch and/or dribble. No matter what, we've got to keep the big guy involved.

Key to the game: limit everyone else. Yeah, Wade's been dropping 40+ here and there, but his team still loses when he does. We can survive him having a monster game as long as we don't let scrubs like Chris Quinn just go off. We're usually good about keeping scrubs in check, but if another George Hill happens to us I'm just gonna lose it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.